Carnegie Hall seeks an Associate, Government Relations. This position will maintain and expand Carnegie Hall’s network of public sector and community stakeholders to further the institution’s agenda. Identify and secure discretionary grants from public officials and government agencies.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain and expand network of public sector and community stakeholders.
• Develop proposals and advocate for annual fund and capital requests.
• Cultivate new and steward existing relationships with elected and appointed officials and staff.
• Track and communicate public policy priorities to internal constituents.
• Prepare briefing materials and speaking points for Executive and Artistic Director and Chief Development Officer.
• Coordinate with U.S. Department of State and foreign Consulates, as needed.
• Troubleshoot issues around international artist presentation at the Hall or abroad, as needed, including travel documentation.
• A minimum 3 years of professional experience.
• Experience in government, government relations, policy analysis, social justice, advocacy, fundraising, international relations, and/or arts and culture.
• Demonstrated ability to multitask.
• Ability to operate in a highly professional manner and serve as a steward for the organization.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, plan and execute.
• Ability to work efficiently and with accuracy in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
• Proficiency with Tessitura a plus.
• Strong problem solving abilities.
• Basic understanding of issues impacting arts and cultural sectors, especially music and the performing arts.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
To apply to this role, please send a cover letter and resume. We are an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org