Humanity United is a foundation dedicated to bringing new approaches to global problems that have long been considered intractable. We build, lead, and support efforts to change the systems that contribute to problems like human trafficking, mass atrocities, and violent conflict. HU is part of The Omidyar Group, a diverse collection of organizations, each guided by its own approach, but united by a common desire to catalyze social impact.
Humanity United is seeking an experienced and dynamic Program Associate who will work with the Senior Manager leading the Thai Seafood initiative within HU’s Forced Labor and Human Trafficking portfolio.
As our newest Program Associate, you will provide administrative and programmatic support to the Thai Seafood initiative, including supporting grant processes and reporting, contributing to research and learning efforts, assisting in cross-organizational collaboration with the Freedom Fund, and providing administrative support such as information management, preparing meeting materials, and coordinating meetings and events.
As the successful candidate, you’ll have great initiative and an eye for managing systems and processes whilst keeping a variety of projects running smoothly. You will capably and professionally deal with a wide range of stakeholders, and may have some experience in grantmaking, contracts or evaluation. Your prior experience in a similar role might be within a non-profit or a foundation, ideally with a focus on labor rights or environmental issues. If you speak Thai, Khmer or Burmese, that’s a bonus too!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide on-site support for initiative, fielding requests and inquiries both internally from other departments and externally from grantees, funders, and other partners.
- Support grant processes and reporting, including any related administrative tasks
- Lead the development and maintenance of program administration and communication systems and files, records, and other information retrieval systems, as necessary; handle initiative’s knowledge management on Box/intranet
- Support monitoring, evaluation, and learning efforts, including development and maintenance of MEL plan, data/impact tracking, and managing RFP processes
- Assist in the development and implementation of HU’s systems-based strategy, including preparation of board documents
- Build and manage relationships with various Foundation departments, particularly with Grants Management, Legal, and Finance
- Aid in continuous coordination with HU’s Policy and Communications teams; help track and manage follow-up and deliverables originating from those engagements
- Facilitate information-sharing and other tasks with the Freedom Fund in the UK, HU’s programmatic partner on the Thai Seafood initiative
- Manage information that comes into the program, such as conference materials, reports, correspondence, other documents, and file, copy, and distribute as needed
- Monitor media reports, undertake Internet searches/literature review, and conduct other research to keep the team apprised of relevant developments
- Research and prepare relevant background information for meetings and presentations. Compile reference materials as needed; prepare agendas and take minutes as requested.
- Support the team in editing and formatting of internal and external presentations, written materials, and web content.
- Handle planning and organizing of events, conferences and meetings, and participate as needed
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Affairs, Business Management, Economics, or other relevant field.
- 4+ years of work experience, preferably at a nonprofit organization or foundation. Grantmaking and/or contracts experience is desired but not required.
- Experience in an administrative or program support role is required
- Integrity, initiative, a sense of humor, and a collegial spirit
- Capacity to learn from experience, to adapt as needed, to listen, and to work with others to solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and complete tasks on time
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and flexibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (a writing sample may be required).
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize, and a willingness to support team members on a variety of tasks with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work successfully with a variety of individuals and cultures and maintain a professional presence.
- Must be a creative and independent self-starter, while being a strong team player who acts with diplomacy at all times.
- Ability to work with limited supervision by taking initiative, being proactive, applying creative problem-solving skills, often in high-pressure environments
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Office tools for Mac, including Excel, PowerPoint, email, calendars, etc.
- Professional and personal interest in human trafficking in supply chains
- Fluency in Burmese, Khmer, or Thai preferred but not required.
- Support other duties as determined by institutional priorities.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org