Hala Systems Inc.
Hala is a social enterprise working to transform the nature of protection and accountability in the world’s toughest places by democratizing advanced defense, sensing, and artificial intelligence technology. Hala is currently saving lives, reducing trauma, and improving resilience for millions of people.
We are a team of 28 working together around the world to solve difficult problems. Founded by a rocket scientist, an ex-diplomat, and an expert in using technology for good, we hail from leading educational, research, and business institutions (including Stanford, MIT, Wharton, Cambridge, UCL, Imperial, LBS, MIT-Lincoln Laboratory, Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab, Deloitte, Booz, and the World Bank) and are united by a mission to create a sustainable business that provides massive social impact.
We are seeking a Procurement Officer to lead Hala’s procurement of goods and services. The Procurement Officer will manage Hala’s procurement and logistics tasks and provide an end-to-end solution for the purchase and delivery of goods and services in accordance with Hala’s internal policies and in compliance with donor regulations. He or she will ensure that all funds utilized are well documented and accounted for.
Hala is a distributed company with team members spanning the globe. Hala’s Procurement Officer role is a full-time position involving some limited travel, though remote work is an option as well. We would prefer if the hire is located in Europe (Western Europe) and/or the U.S.
This is a contract-to-hire position. The start date is ASAP.
The engagement will be discussed in greater detail with top candidates during interviews.
- Lead on contract formation including development of Requests for Proposals, Invitations for Bids, and Requests for Quotations
- Develop recommended strategies and timelines for procurements, review Statements of Work and Professional Service Agreements and other contractual documents, coordinate pre-proposal meetings and requests for information/sources sought, and manage proposal evaluations
- Assist in drafting and updating procedures, policies, and other relevant procurement and acquisition documents, as needed
- Act as a procurement expert within the organization, providing advice and assistance to the Grants, Compliance, & Financial Management team
- Coordinate the approval process for all purchases
- Ensure that all purchases are in compliance of donor rules and regulations
- Provide inventory control and asset management of all physical items
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress reports as required
- Other duties as necessary to support the business and operations team
Technical Skills and Qualifications
- 3 years of procurement experience in the humanitarian/international development space
- Demonstrated experience developing procurement policies and writing Requests for Proposals and Requests for Quotations, in adherence to government contract requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with U.S. Government rules and regulations (familiarity with Canada and/or EU regulations is a plus)
- Strong computer skills, experience with Excel is a must
- Solid understanding of strategic sourcing
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Administration, Finance, International Relations, or related fields
General Qualifications & Personal Characteristics
- Creative and intelligent problem solver
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Occasional travel to project locations
- Fluency in English
- Team player with rock-solid ability to work with diverse team members across multiple time zones
- Excellent organization skills and self-direction
- Values-driven, trustworthy, honest, and a passion for helping people in need
- A good sense of humor, patience, and strong spirit
How to Apply
- Please send your cover letter and CV to [email protected]
- Please include the text “[Procurement Officer]” in the subject of the email
- Interviews and requests for references will follow