EuroMed Rights is looking to recruit an experienced Project Director for a European Union-funded project aimed at enhancing and structuring dialogue between the EU and South Neighbourhood civil society. The name of the project is Majalat, which stands for ‘spaces, opportunities, fields and domains’ in Arabic.
In short, MAJALAT is a unique initiative led by civil society organisations from the North and South of the Mediterranean that aims to build a continuous exchange between the EU and Civil Society from ten countries in the South of the Mediterranean, in continuity with previous EU structured dialogues.
EuroMed Rights is the coordinator of a consortium implementing this ambitious project composed by the following partners that also constitute the project Board: Arab NGO Network for Development (ANND), Arab Trade Union Confederation (ATUC), REF, EuroMed Rights, Forum for Alternatives Morocco (FMAS), and SOLIDAR.
Duration: One-year contract
Starting: As soon as possible
Remuneration: Based on years of experience + reimbursement of public transport, lunch vouchers, medical insurance and group pension fund
Application deadline: 7 March 2019
The position would be a one-year contract with possibility for extension. The position will be based in EuroMed Rights Brussels office.
Description of tasks
The Project Director will undertake the following tasks, with the support of a Project Officer and an intern that he/she will supervise:
- Ensures the implementation of all Majalat activities specific to EuroMed Rights;
- Ensures the general coordination of the project by the six partners;
- Coordinates the efforts of staff in all six organisations that are allocated to Majalat to ensure that required tasks are accomplished in line with the Board decisions and contractual requirements;
- Ensures compliance with deadlines and schedules of activities of all partners;
- Reinforces team approach throughout the implementation of activities within the six partners;
- Represents the consortium at meetings with EU representatives on technical and management matters;
- Represents the project at meetings, conferences with various stakeholders upon delegation by the Board;
- Ensures smooth and regular communication with project’s partners and the European Commission (writing monthly reports on activity progress, planning physical or virtual meetings, phone calls, etc.);
- Ensures compliance and monitoring of contractual and internal engagements on communication, political, technical aspects;
- Reports to EuroMed Rights on regular basis on all activities specific to EuroMed Rights;
- Reports to the Board on a regular basis on all Consortium activities and attends all Board and Advisory group meetings;
- Organises the annual Civil Society Forum in Brussels (150 participants) and other Majalat activities specifically related to EuroMed Rights, coordinates the activities of the Consortium and oversees all logistical aspects;
- Organises twice a year Board and Advisory Group meetings (agenda-setting and overseeing logistics);
- Ensures proper daily budget management and coordinate narrative and financial reporting to the European Commission.
- University degree in business administration, management or a related field. Other relevant qualifications may also be considered;
- Good leadership and supervisory skills;
- Skilled at managing complex and multi-stakeholder projects efficiently and diplomatically; ability to work with and reconcile the views of diverse organisations and individuals;
- Good knowledge and proven work experience in/on the Euromed region;
- Proven experience in project management and experience working with the European Commission;
- Proven track record with civil society work in an inclusive and multifaceted way;
- Sound knowledge of the functioning of the EU institutions and EU’s foreign policy, in particular towards EU’s Southern Neigbourhood;
- Self-motivated, well-organised, able to work independently and efficiently under pressure;
- Languages: fluency in English and French (oral and written) is imperative. Knowledge of Arabic will be considered a strong asset;
- Computer literacy (Word and Excel required).
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and motivation letter (in English) by 7 March 2019 to Marie Picalausa, Senior Human Resource Officer, at: [email protected].
Interviews will take place on 15 March. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org