Finance Team Manager. Finance Department. Berlin. Posting Date: 02/22/2019. Deadline: 03/11/2019Job DescriptionPurpose of Position:
Manage and coordinate accounting, taxation and payroll functions of OSF entities in Germany. Work is performed independently.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. OSF may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.
- Supervise the work of the Accounting team in Germany (incl.: Senior Accountant(s), Accountant(s) Payroll Analyst(s));
- Ensure the German entities operation are in compliance with local rules and requirements;
- Advice on local accounting and taxation issues;
- Ensure that internal policies and procedures comply with local needs, contribute to developing, updating these policies and procedures;
- Ensure that all systems that generate accounting/taxation related entries are in compliance with local requirements;
- Keep contact with Tax Authorities;
- Keep contact and coordinate with external vendors providing Finance, Accounting, Payroll, Taxation related services;
- Review, approve and submit tax returns, coordinate submission, ensure that all necessary tax filings are accurate and made in a timely manner;
- Prepare financial reports as needed by management, yearly audit schedules, tax returns, cost share schedules and budget vs. actual analysis;
- Review and coordinate reviewing monthly, quarterly and yearly analysis schedules, prepare high level analysis schedules and forecasts;
- Organize periodic inventory count, fixed assets audits with the IT and FM department to record and monitor all fixed assets during the life of the asset;
- Back up Finance colleagues as needed;
- Serve as Finance Department liaison between OSF and Other Entity staff/programs as assigned;
- Run reports from various systems, both routine and as requested by management;
- Back up Division Director, as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned;
- Coordinates and manages External Audits (Audit of Financial Statements, Tax Audits etc);
Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four year college or university and minimum eight years relevant experience and/; or 10 years of equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relevant auditor/accountant/tax advisor qualification for Germany
- Background in finance, accounting and taxation;
- International qualifications of ACCA, CPA is an advantage,
- Experience in international accounting frameworks like US GAAP, UK GAAP, Swiss GAAP is an advantage;
- Non-profit experience is advantage.
- Effectively manage to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, troubleshoot and follow projects through to completion, with strict deadlines and without loss of attention to detail, budget and reporting;
Program Specific Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English;
- Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with internet research and database management;
- Exercise good listening and communication skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences;
- Effectively work as a team leader and also independently, with a high-level of self-motivation and ability to set and meet goals;
- Show discretion and ability to handle confidential issues;
- Pleasant, diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with colleagues and the general public.
- German Degree in Accounting, Taxation and/or Finance related required;
- ACCA, CPA preferred;
- Non for profit experience is advantage
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and be a solutions-oriented individual.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.