Grants Assistant, Office of Grants Management. Grants Management. New York. Posting Date: 02/22/2019. Deadline: 03/07/2019
The Office of Grants Management (OGM) seeks two grants assistants in our New York office. You will provide technical support to OGM, Open Society staff, applicants and grantees related to our Foundation Connect (FC) grant making system, assist with department communication efforts and special projects, and provide general administrative support. This role is ideal if you are interested in grants administration and are seeking an entry-level role.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Grants administration support: assist in preparing, issuing, and monitoring grant agreements, payments, and modifications; document management; support OSF's employee matching gift program
- System administration support: provide support and technical assistance to external and internal users of OSF's grant making applications; monitor and troubleshoot user issues
- Internal and external communication and project support: respond to inquiries from the general public about the proposal submission process; correspond with grantees related to award administration; coordinate with other administrative and program departments; assist with the creation and updates of guidance and reference materials; provide assistance on special projects as needed
- Department administration: review and route incoming mail to appropriate OGM staff; order office supplies and equipment; manage vendor contracts, travel and expense reports, and other payments; schedule meetings, maintain department calendar and take minutes; coordinate logistics for meetings and events, including booking travel and post-event support.
- One to three years' administrative experience
- Interest and alignment with OSF's mission and values
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel) and other office technologies and IT solutions; must be comfortable learning new proprietary software systems
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds within a complex organization
- Experience working independently on complex administrative tasks and ability to prioritize appropriately
- Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and proactive problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure with attention to detail; a quick learner.
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter.
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.