The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 16 countries and at over 5,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 3,100 —nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is seeking an External Affairs Coordinator to support the Vice President, External Affairs and the External Affairs team more broadly to provide strong logistical support on a variety of platforms, projects and deliverables. In this role, s/he will provide a wide range of support activities to track all communications related logistics for external events (including launch and close-out events in countries); coordinate logistic for major events; support publication procedures; organize, maintain and optimize an internal photo library; ensure a strong externally facing digital presence (both website and social media channels); assist with media tracking, media materials copy-editing, and relevant research; appropriate branding of externally facing documents and presentations; ensure appropriate management of Ambassador related travel and appearances as necessary; work with Vice President to facilitate the efficient management of schedules, team meetings and travel arrangements.
- Organize and track all communication logistics for high visibility EGPAF events with heavy External Affairs engagement, including organization of planning calls, timely facilitation of communication deliverables (including remarks, programs, media materials), logistics coordination, and development of briefing memos and minutes, all in close consultation with appropriate team members
- Support EGPAF Ambassador engagement, including scheduling and booking travel and facilitating timely reimbursements
- Schedule External Affairs team meetings and reserve conference room space; taking well-organized notes and distribute to participants
- Organize logistics for off-site team meetings and retreats including planning calls in coordination with relevant staff
- Develop and maintain an organizational system for EGPAF photographic assets and assist in consistently keeping current EGPAF’s photo library
- As needed, support the Manger of Editorial Services with publications procedures and coordination of EGPAF staff at large technical fora
- On occasion, provide editorial review to materials and publications
- As needed, support the Manager, Digital Marketing and the Senior Digital Coordinator to maintain EGPAF’s website content.
- On occasion, work with the Digital team to support developing and posting social media content around key activities, projects and events; support tracking and reporting on key digital metrics.
- As needed, support Manager, Media Relations and External Engagement and Senior Media Coordinator with media tracking, media materials copy-editing, and relevant research
- Work with Senior Director to create, compile, and/or edit key External Affairs deliverables,
- including Powerpoint presentations, correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
- Work with Graphic Designer to ensure that all externally facing communication deliverables are appropriately branded
- Keep track of key External Affairs collateral products (folders, letterhead) and re-order as necessary
- Manage publication subscriptions and vendor/consultant contracts for External Affairs team
- Ensure External Affairs files are properly filed and archived for all assignments, projects, and events
- Other administrative functions and ad hoc requests, as needed
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in office setting
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Excellent communications and organizational skills, with demonstrated success working in a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop skills a plus
- Experience with content management systems such as Wordpress, and analytics platforms such as Google Analytics, Sprout Social, Hootsuite a plus, but not required.
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, prioritize and handle competing deadlines
- Familiarity or strong interest in public health, international relations, development, or related field
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Proactive and able to work independently when necessary
- Cross-culturally aware and sensitive
- French or Portuguese language skills a plus, but not required
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and driving results. The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Individual Contributor:
- Problem Solving – Problem solving is a person’s ability to use critical thinking to identify and analyze problems, weigh relevance and accuracy of information, generate and evaluate alternative solutions, and makes recommendations.
- Flexibility – Flexibility is a person’s ability to be open to change and new information and rapidly adapt to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Resilience – Resilience is a person’s ability to deal effectively with pressure, remain optimistic and persistent under adversity, and recover quickly from setbacks.
- Time Management – Time management is a person’s ability to effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org