The Executive Assistant to the Vice President, Development provides excellent executive-level program and administrative support for the Vice President. The Executive Assistant will work closely with the Vice President to ensure that the he is organized, timely, and responsive to the requests of donors, colleagues and development team members. This includes coordinating travel and events, and helping to ensure that the Vice President’s office is well organized and prepared to carry out its daily tasks. The Executive Assistant will serve as a representative of the Vice President and the development department as a whole. This service entails working collaboratively with departments throughout the organization, with donors, and with all visitors to the Vice President’s office in a professional and customer service oriented manner. The Executive Assistant is a team player who lends a helping hand to development colleagues in an effort to meet the mission of the department. Consistently employs diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality. Comfortable in a fast-paced environment; exercises sound judgment; coordinates multiple, time-sensitive projects and priorities; and is a well-organized, detail-oriented member of the team.
- Responsible for scheduling meeting logistics, maintaining calendar and contacts, making travel arrangements, maintaining departmental records, and preparing expense reports.
- Runs the Vice President’s daily calendar, ensuring the calendar is strictly followed and updated as necessary
- Serve as the liaison and gatekeeper to internal and external stakeholders seeking meetings and contact with the Vice President; ensure efficient execution of the Vice President’s portfolio of activities.
- Prepare and edit briefing materials, communications, presentations, slide decks, spreadsheets, and other reports that support the Vice Presidents work and travel.
- Prepare and edit communications from the Vice President to staff, donors, and event audiences. This includes assisting the Vice President in writing speeches and op-eds.
- Coordinate development-wide meetings, including the weekly development meeting and gatherings of the development leadership team.
- Coordinate and serve as liaison between development and the young leaders program for spring, summer and fall interns
- Support development-wide annual planning activities, including events, retreats, and outings.
- Use Atlas database (CRM) to enter call reports, look-up donor contact information, and research donor background
- Conducts research projects on development endeavors and best practices
- Other duties as assigned to support the Vice President and development team
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Experience: 4 - 5 years of relevant experience
Technology: Strong information technology skills including Microsoft Word (proficient), Microsoft Office (advanced), Microsoft PowerPoint (advanced), Microsoft Excel (advanced)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects to support VP’s priorities
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment under pressure
- Strong verbal and written communication required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Understand and support the Heritage mission and vision for America, and the team’s goals and objectives
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org