PSI seeks highly qualified candidates for the position of PSI Myanmar Country Representative (CR). Leading a team of highly-talented senior leaders to deliver on annual goals; the candidate will also be accountable for achieving the platform’s 2020 Strategic Vision and for overseeing the development and implementation of the platform’s next 10-year 2030 Strategic Vision in coordination with PSI’s global vision.
Sound like you? Read on.
You’ll provide leadership and management of the PSI Myanmar team and resources that will successfully deliver on health impact deliverables as well as lead to continued funding. The CR is coach and mentor leading the team to innovate and think out of the box to identify more efficient evidence-based means to continually grow health impact that the team delivers.
The CR is responsible for:
- Ensure PSI/MM projects are contractually compliant, including meeting all donor reporting requirements and deliverables.
- Develop clear personal and country objectives with staff that are linked to platform minimum standards, platform strategic plan and donor deliverables.
- Ensure that PSI’s programs are in line with national health priorities and strategies.
- Develop and implement long-term strategic plans with PSI MM staff.
- Analyze potential new program areas and opportunities for innovation.
- Lead new business efforts, including developing and maintaining excellent relationships with donors and relevant stakeholders.
- Oversee the creation of annual marketing plans and the development of evidence-based programming.
- Ensure research and monitoring activities conducted in support of programs effectively evaluate program results and guide program and strategy decisions.
- Coordinate with appropriate PSI headquarters technical departments to ensure that program activities follow best practices and quality assurance frameworks.
Financial and Internal Controls
- Reduce risk to PSI by complying with donor regulations, closely monitoring and forecasting spending and proactively addressing financial issues. Specifically:
- Develop and manage both annual and project budgets in accordance with donor and PSI regulations.
- Ensure regular review of expenditures against project budgets at the departmental level.
- Ensure the application of internal controls over the procurement, use and protection of resources.
- Ensure that all PSI financial policies and procedures are followed and validated by internal evaluations and external audits.
- Ensure full compliance with PSI field office quality standards.
- Develop economies of scale and other cost efficiencies through a supply chain system that includes a stringent risk management plan and minimum standards of performance.
- Meet PSI minimum standards for implementing financial systems and submitting monthly financial reports to headquarters.
- Coordinate with PSI functional departments (finance, contracts, procurement) to obtain required authorizations and support services.
Human Resources Management
- Reduce risk to PSI by ensuring compliance with local labor law, donor regulations and budgets.
- Adhere to PSI Field office quality standards related to human resource management
- Establish management structure to support program activities and to meet minimum standards.
- Ensure that induction and job training is provided to all staff.
- Provide adequate pay and benefits to retain qualified staff within the limits of donor budgets and following a platform salary matrix that is competitive with industry standards.
- Establish and follow a regular performance evaluation system for all staff.
- Ensure that senior managers are leading capacity building efforts.
- Directly manage and mentor staff members, as per the platform’s management structure.
- Represent PSI to national government agencies; key stakeholders such as UN agencies, private sector partners and NGOs; and donors in host country.
- Manage public relations efforts such as the development of annual reports, success stories, press releases and fact sheets; host donor visits; and supervise the development of any other PR publications or activities.
- Ensure that PSI is an active participant of national and partner working groups, committees, and any other relevant bodies as appropriate.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
- Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
- Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
- Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
- Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
- Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
- Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- At least 8 years’ work experience at PSI or at a comparable agency or non-governmental organization directing one or more health service programs in a developing country.
- Country Director/CR experience preferably in Asia
- Excellent management skills, including experience managing cross-cultural teams and senior staff
- Experience managing financial, administrative and logistical resources
- Successful fundraising experience, including developing relationships with high-level donors and writing strong technical proposals in the developing countries
- Knowledge of and experience in blended finance and coalition building
- Familiarity with donor requirements including USG contracts and cooperative agreements and European donors such as the Dutch Government
- Demonstrated strengths in strategic organizational leadership and external relations
- Proven ability to develop and mentor staff; able to challenge yet support staff in reaching stretch goals
- Experience developing and executing behavior change communications or marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of international development and health issues
- Able to adapt quickly in crisis situations
- Patient and calm under stress
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both French and English
- Relevant post-graduate degree (MBA, MIA, MPH, etc.) or equivalent experience
- Fluency in both English and French (oral and written)
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org