The Council on Foreign Relations is seeking a Web Analytics Manager to provide support for various analytics efforts across the digital organization. The Council aims to increase the global influence and awareness of cfr.org and its related digital initiatives through this role. Reporting directly to the Director of Product & Design, this position will collaborate and work alongside the think tank, editorial, and product and technology to grow visitor traffic and increase awareness of the brand.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Work with CFR's editorial and product managers to establish systematic measurement strategies, reports, and goals for CFR's online initiatives across multiple distribution and publishing channels.
- Create user segmentation models; design and conduct user surveys, split tests, and other forms of online marketing research.
- Collaborate with the social marketing team to maximize engagement and click throughs.
- Provide tactical guidance to design teams for improving the user experience by studying click paths and on-page behaviors.
- Partner with outside analytics consultants for strategic advice, "deep-dive" reporting, implementation audits, and other special projects.
- Establish ongoing reporting regimens for internal constituencies; fulfill ad hoc research requests.
- Work with developers to design and test webpage tagging and other aspects of analytics implementation.
- 4 or more years of experience in digital analytics measurement (Experience in the media industry highly desired.)
- Expert knowledge of Google Analytics (certificate preferred), Google Tag Manager, and Data Studio. Experience with SQL preferred but not required.
- Significant experience with Adobe analytics (Omniture), including reporting features and other functionality.
- Experience in Search Engine Optimization.
- Skilled at presenting analytics findings to stakeholders at meetings and in written form, with a particular emphasis on fluent communication to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience in assessing website usability and in aiding user-experience optimization.
- Skills in statistics and probability equivalent to college-level coursework.
- Ability to work in a project team environment, and to liaise with multiple discrete stakeholder groups; experience with agile development methodologies a plus.
- Degree in a related field. Familiarity with international relations a plus.
- Demonstrable commitment to continuing education in digital analytics.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org