Under the supervision of the Program Section Head, the FPDS Assistant:
• Provides organizational and event planning support for projects, activities and VIP visitor programs for the FPDS section;
• Provides research and administrative support to FPDS officers for the effective implementation of the program;
• Collects, maintains and collates a variety of documentation and records and leads the information management for the team;
• Responsible for the tracking and management of budget resources, including disbursement and reimbursement of claims and payment of vendors, ;
• Assumes office management duties, and performs other duties as assigned.
This position will work in collaboration with a dynamic FPDS team of professionals responsible for promoting, advancing, and strengthening bilateral relations throughout the Consulate General’s territory and other sections at the Canadian Consulate General where appropriate.
Candidates must demonstrate clearly in their letter how they meet the Education, Experience and Skills qualifications listed below. Please be specific and provide examples for each of the qualifications:
Fluency in English (oral and written).
Degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the duties required by the position.
• Minimum two (2) years recent experience in office environment including providing fulltime administrative support to a high performing team;
• Recent experience in full cycle of event planning and execution;
• Recent experience in financial administration including administration of budgets and the preparation of reports;
• Recent experience responding to inquiries, including conducting research and writing reports related to these inquirie; and
• Recent experience in the use of Word, Excel, and Outlook, research databases and information management databases
*Recent defined in the last 5 years.
• Experience in the professional use of promotional social media tools.
• Knowledge of French.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org