The GIIN’s Research is widely recognized for providing high-quality practitioner-oriented insights into the impact investing market and state of practice, helping to bridge critical knowledge gaps facing actors across the ecosystem. Key research themes include market activity and trends, financial and impact performance, and impact measurement and management. The GIIN conducts both qualitative and quantitative research using primary and secondary data collection methods and manages projects both in-house and via external partners. We are currently seeking a Director to lead a Research team with four staff members.
This position reports to the Director of Strategy.
The Director of Research will:
Shape the GIIN’s research agenda and strategy by:
• Understanding market needs, dynamics and trends to identify highest value-add opportunities for research
• Coordinating with other GIIN programmatic areas to ensure a symbiotic market value proposition for research
• Cultivating and managing productive relationships with other researchers in the industry for mutual benefit
Oversee execution of projects by engaging in all steps of the research process – conception, design, data collection, analysis, drafting, and dissemination – in an organized, collaborative, and resourceful manner; in particular:
• Providing high quality technical and strategic guidance at various stages, including study design, methodology, analysis, inference and positioning
• Signing-off on key project choices and decisions
• Crafting multipronged dissemination plans and executing dissemination events to inform and influence the work of practitioners in a meaningful way
• Manage the overall Research portfolio and personnel and budget allocation, updating frequently to reflect shifting priorities and available resources
• Lead the Research team to work in concert with other programs towards the GIIN’s mission, including integrating market intelligence gained by other departments in the research agenda and study design and supporting other program teams in integrating insights learned by the research team in their program development
• Directly and indirectly manage a high-performing team of Research Managers, Associates and Analysts, supporting their professional development
• Engage as a member of the GIIN’s senior leadership team on Support the GIIN’s fundraising efforts, including providing inputs on proposals and drafting progress reports
• Additional responsibilities as needed broader organizational operations and strategic choices
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at [email protected] State “Director Research_ First Name Last Name” in the subject line of your email. Please indicate where you saw the job posting in your cover letter and include your salary requirements.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org