The Global Intelligence & Travel Security Operation Center (GITSOC) Analyst will utilize internal processes and external tools to identify real or potential risks related to the safety and security of the client’s personnel and assets. The Analyst accurately synthesizes emerging and developing information, communicates actionable intelligence, contributes to travel risk and threat assessment products, and intakes emergency phone calls and provides support during crisis situations.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
The Essential Functions Include:
- Represent Pinkerton’s core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Continuously monitor worldwide events in real-time through internal and external tools and platforms to identify developing real or potential safety and security incidents.
- Evaluate and assess identified incidents for real or potential impact to company personnel and assets.
- Synthesize data and compose accurate and timely communications, according to established procedures and templates, to notify relevant stakeholders (leadership, Regional Security Directors, employees, travelers, etc.).
- Support Regional Security Directors as instructed, including in crisis situations.
- Analyze daily developments to identify trends and patterns, forecast future behavior, and make recommendations;
- Compile regular bulletins.
- Contribute to tactical and/or strategic threat assessments for locations or events.
- Assist company personnel in identifying and meeting requirements, and obtaining proper permissions, for proposed travel to high-risk locations.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the intake and escalation of safety and security incidents as reported by company personnel and assets.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process, including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
Bachelor’s degree preferably in international affairs or political science. In lieu of degree, three to five years of military intelligence experience or one to two years of security operations center experience in an intelligence-related capacity.
Competencies (As Demonstrated Through Experience, Training, and/or Testing):
- Security, safety or emergency operations center experience.
- Intelligence analyst experience within a corporate setting.
- Traveler tracking software experience.
- Familiar with social media and media monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of and active interest in global geopolitical and security developments.
- Military intelligence and security operations experience, preferred.
- Spanish, Portuguese, French, Arabic, and/or Mandarin language skills, preferred.
- Able to quickly adapt priorities.
- Client and results orientated.
- Able to effectively comprehend large amounts of emerging and evolving data.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Able to make informed and sound decisions.
- Serve as a positive and effective team member.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously in a demanding and fast paced environment with varying deadlines and time constraints.
- Effective verbal and written skills for a global audience.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
Working Conditions: (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts including nights, weekends and holidays for a 24/7/365 security operation.
- Travel, as required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org