Human Resources Partner (Fixed Term). New York. Posting Date: 03/06/2019. Deadline: 03/24/2019The Human Resources Team
The Human Resources (HR) team, comprised of 50 members, sits in our Berlin, NY and New York offices and supports OSF staff across the global network of foundations, in over 40 countries. The team is comprised of generalists spanning the North America, Latin America, Europe, Eurasia, Middle East, Africa, South West Asia, and Asia Pacific regions, as well as HR specialists comprised of Talent Development, Human Resources Information System (HRIS), Compensation & Benefits, Diversity and Inclusion, and Recruitment.Job Profile
We are seeking a collaborative, thoughtful and innovative HR Partner to provide strategic and operational support as required by the Global Deputy HR Director across OSF's hub offices, Programs, Departments and Foundations. This is a roving role based in NY and the HR Partner holds both global and regional responsibilities. They will be responsible for supporting global initiatives as they arise, the work of other HR Partners and Managers and for leading and coordinating the complete range of HR services acting as the primary HR focal point when the need arises. They will also be responsible for supporting the development of the HR capacity of regional offices and foundations. The HR Partner reports to the Deputy Director of Human Resources, they collaborate closely with the global subject matter experts known as the "HR specialists" to execute HR global programs and standards.
Additional responsibilities will include the following and/or similar activities:
- Provide support for a range of HR strategic and operation issues as agreed and planned with the Global Deputy HR Director
- Cover the role of the HR Partners or HR Managers during absences or increase in workload, acting as a single point of contact for the employees and managers in the programs and departments they support specifically, developing a trusting and consultative relationship with all levels of managers and employees.
- Work collaboratively with HR Partners and Managers to develop and maintain a strong understanding of program strategies and work and build relationships with senior department heads during cover to improve overall capacity to manage HR in the program.
- Consult with managers and leaders to influence and facilitate the development of their organizational priorities and to lead and manage people in a complex and transforming global work environment.
- Provide support and leadership when required for the complete range of Human Resources activities including employee relations, performance management, benefits and compensation, full employee life cycle, inclusion initiatives, learning and development, workforce planning, organization structure, etc.
- Responsible for leading and supporting Partners and Managers during investigations.
- Together with HR Partners and Managers oversee the compliance of HR management with HR global standards, policies and procedures and build the capacity at the regional and Foundations level to meet these standards, ensuring sufficient and competent resources are allocated to HR work in each location.
- Actively participate in the design and planning of global HR programs and initiatives and support the implementation for the Programs and Departments they support.
- Responsible for data integrity when providing support to Partners or Managers or leading a portfolio in the OSF human resources information systems.
The ideal candidate will have at least 7 to 10 years of global experience as an HR Generalists, with 2+ years' of team management experience. Additional qualifications include the following:
- Capacity to build trusting and collaborative relationships with HR colleagues, employees and managers at all levels, keen ability to coach and guide.
- Working knowledge and expertise of multiple HR and organizational development disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational design, employee relations, performance management, learning and development, diversity and inclusion, workforce planning, and change management.
- Experience streamlining and integrating human resources systems and processes, and leading local implementation of global initiatives.
- Experience in HR transformation and building inclusive work environments, experience in the not-for-profit is a plus.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-changing, fast-paced, yet consultative environment.
- Results driven with a comprehensive approach to managing all HR processes
- Ability to troubleshoot, pick up projects mid-stream and to follow projects through to completion, and make decisions with limited information.
- Ability to manage investigative processes.
- Strong experience working in a number of global settings, with an understanding of HR operations in a variety of legal systems
- Unparalleled organizational, communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
- The candidate must be able to travel internationally up to 40% of the time.
Fixed Term, One Year
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.