HarvestPlus seeks a highly-motivated Senior Fundraising Specialist to join the External Affairs team and take a leadership role in fundraising and partnership development. The right individual will have superior skills in donor/partner prospecting, cultivation, and relationship management, and in creating sophisticated partnerships to bring HarvestPlus’ work to scale. This exempt position is a two-year, fixed-term appointment, and is renewable contingent upon continued satisfactory performance and program funding. The position is located at HarvestPlus headquarters in Washington, DC.
HarvestPlus improves nutrition and public health by developing and promoting biofortified food crops that are rich in vitamins and minerals, and providing global leadership on biofortification evidence and technology. HarvestPlus is part of the CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Nutrition and Health (A4NH). CGIAR is a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. Its science is carried out by its 15 research centers in collaboration with hundreds of partner organizations. HarvestPlus is based at the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) and collaborates with multiple CGIAR centers and partner organizations.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with Head of Fundraising and Partnerships to carry out the fundraising strategy, including new strategic partnerships with leading institutional foundations, strategic family foundations, governments, and other funders.
- Carry a portfolio of relationships with donors and prospective donors. Understand the donors’ current interests and alignment with HarvestPlus’ strategy, develop the cultivation strategy (team, timeline, and programmatic concept), and work with HarvestPlus leadership and in-country staff to articulate and package the programmatic concepts.
- Develop compelling written materials, including letters of intent and concept notes, and contribute to the proposal writing process. Oversee quality control on all written fundraising materials for assigned portfolio.
- In collaboration with finance and program staff, ensure that budgets submitted to donors are comprehensive and incorporate all necessary costs.
- Represent HarvestPlus at external events, meetings and conferences, and stay apprised of key funding and development trends and issues and how these trends relate to HarvestPlus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus a minimum of seven years of relevant work experience; or Master’s degree in a related field, plus a minimum of five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in strategic fundraising for international development and in developing seven-figure, multi-stakeholder partnerships with a variety of donor and partner types (e.g. institutional foundations, family foundations, bilateral government donors, and NGOs).
- Familiarity with program design, including logframes.
- Highly effective and versatile interpersonal and communication skills—both written and oral.
- High level of professionalism, including being conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines, and communicating in a timely fashion. A positive attitude and ability to work within a team environment are essential.
- Comfortable in a diverse, global team, including working well with team members located in multiple time zones and countries.
- Proven ability to work independently, manage multiple priorities and be detail oriented.
- Willingness and ability to travel to work with global team members and partners.
- Knowledge of agriculture or nutrition within the context of international development.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org