Financial Analyst (International). Berlin. Posting Date: 03/08/2019. Deadline: 03/30/2019Job Profile
The Financial Analyst is a full time position based in Berlin, Germany who will work closely with the Senior Financial Analyst and Team Manager of the National and Regional Foundations (NRF) Support Unit on management accounting matters including but not limited to basic accounting data recording, financial and audit schedule preparation for various entities, and preparing analysis for assigned accounts. They will also assist the Division Director with advising staff on accounting policies and procedures. Work is performed independently / under general supervision.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. OSF may add, change, or remove essential and other duties at any time.
- Collect periodic (monthly) management reports from each NRF unit, convert and import this data into OSF's accounting system.
- Monitor and analyze data; track progress and report variances using established finance systems and protocols, with limited supervision
- Prepare various reports and analyses using data from a wide range of sources, checking source data for data consistency
- Run pre-defined regular reconciliation routines to ensure that the accounting and reporting activity of select units are in full compliance with the relevant internal and external regulations
- Follow up on any issues reported by NRF Units or by other OSF Stakeholders .
- Maintain an active role in select special ad hoc projects, such as audit field visits or system implementation projects
- Assist in the organization of regular meetings
The Financial Analyst should have at one to three years of experience working in a budgeting or accounting department of a company or in the field of data analysis and reporting with increasing responsibilities over those years. The ideal candidate must have a high-level of self-motivation, ability to set and meet goals, while working comfortably in a dynamic environment where tasks may change due to changing demands and initiatives. They must be willing to work overtime during month-end and year end close periods. The position includes moderate amount of business travel opportunities. Previous work experience at Shared Service Centers is an advantage. Skills and Abilities:
The following list is not inclusive, but highlights a number of the most critical skills and abilities for performing the role.
- Manage work efficiently in a fast-paced environment, research financial data, troubleshoot and follow through on projects to completion, possess strong attention to detail, while meeting strict deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills; Strong understanding of cultural differences and the proven ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds within a complex organization.
- Exercise good listening , written, verbal, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent computer and analytical skills, proficient in Microsoft Office and experience with internet research and database management;
- Show discretion and ability to handle confidential issues;
- Provide excellent customer service with a pleasant disposition and diplomatic manner when interacting with colleagues and the general public.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) with a major in Finance from a four year accredited college is preferred but can be substituted with three to six years' experience in business analysis and reporting or in a position relevant to the duties of this role.
- Shared service center work experience is an advantage
- High degree of comfort with a variety of IT systems; NetSuite, Salesforce based platforms, MS-SQL and other query tools
- Expertise in working with large volume of data (export, import to/from different systems).
- Fluency in English
Applications will be screened on a rolling basis
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.