The BRAC Ultra-Poor Graduation Initiative seeks to hire a Practice Manager for its growing advisory services practice. The Practice Manager will be responsible for planning and delivering high quality business functions and systems to support best-in-class delivery of advisory services and technical assistance to a range of external clients.
Reporting to the Managing Director of the Ultra-Poor Graduation Initiative (UPGI) and serving as a member of the UPGI leadership team, s/he will work closely with the professionals who design and deliver advisory services on Ultra-Poor Graduation to clients including UN Agencies, bilateral and multilateral funders, international NGOs, and governments. They will also contribute critical business expertise to business development, and budgetary and planning functions. This position will be based in New York and will work with staff members across BRAC global operations in New York, Washington DC, London, Bangladesh, and other country offices of BRAC in Asia and Africa.
- Develops high-quality business systems to ensure consistent delivery of services in a highly professional manner as well as best use of resources
- Execution of business model and development of business systems and practices in alignment with strategy
- Works closely with team to properly package, market and sell advisory services
- Works with finance and legal support to support proposal development and contracting; ensure proper pre- and post-implementation activities are accounted for, within budget, and in compliance
- Conducts client reviews for quality assurance and supervises quality assurance function
- Ensures high-quality time and management systems are in place
- Works closely with advisory services team to develop best practices in delivery of client services that are consistent, reliable and replicable
- In consultation with the Technical Lead for Advisory services, sees that work is well-distributed and assigned with balance for best client service and professional development of associates; this includes mapping and allocation of time of senior associates across various functions—business development, knowledge management and delivery of services
- Financial coordination and preparation of overall budget to ensure the team manages within budget; monitor contract revenue and deliverables and associated expenses
- Manages professional services revenue, margin, resources and utilization
The candidate should have a proven interest in international development, economic empowerment, and the eradication of ultra-poverty.
Education and Experience:
- Strong background (10 yrs. plus) in consultancy or project management with focus on operations. Experience with a startup or in the not for profit sector desirable.
- MBA or Master’s degree in relevant field preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong project management skills
- Expertise in financial management, budgeting, legal contract review, and compliance
- Strong ability to communicate to partners and clients via written products
- Strong manager with demonstrated experience building and driving teams towards solid and sustainable impact
- Creative problem solver; able to easily adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive manager with ability to prioritize and effectively manage competing work streams and deadlines for herself and the team
- Diplomatic, with strong interpersonal skills, and a high degree of cultural sensitivity; and
- Excellent writing skills in English required
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org