The role of Senior Research Analyst I involves working with a team of dedicated professionals on an intensive, business critical project to research, update, structure, standardise and refine IHS Aerospace and Defence data.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to join an established team, taking a key role in projects that will deliver enhanced data solutions for high-end customers through the researching, analysing, restructuring and linking of data.
Attention to detail, excellent research skills, an eye for consistency and knowledge of Microsoft Excel are essential attributes. Previous experience in a research orientated role and/or knowledge of defence subject matter is highly desirable.
- Data maintenance and improvement: Comprehensively review and update African (with the exception of Egypt) air force, army, navy, armed forces, strategic weapon, defence budget and defence production R&D files by rigorously enforcing structured data templates and the writing guide. This includes researching and verifying data pertaining to new and existing ORBATs and installations.
- Data development: Assisting in identifying and establishing, as an ongoing task, data standards and deliveries - such as visualisations and geo-spatial layers - allowing greater flexibility in delivery for customer specific requirements.
- Data governance: Ensuring correctness, currency, completeness and consistency of data through rigorous checking and peer assistance.
- Ad-hoc consultancy and analytical projects: Undertaking consultancy projects as required, involving the assessment and rationalisation of data. Organising and presenting intelligence briefings and producing subsequent Capability Briefings. Answering media requests as required.
- Ability to sift through large amount of data and parse information from various sources.
- Source information based on set standards to ensure correctness of data published.
- Excellent attention to detail and a logical approach to problem solving.
- Ability to adapt quickly to work process changes. Accept new challenges and roles as and when assigned.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to comprehend English texts.
- Conversant with features in MS Excel and MS Word.
- Proven ability to be both self-motivated and a team player.
- Relevant languages desirable.
- University Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree (Engg/ International Relations/Defence and Strategic Studies/Defence and National Security Studies) or equivalent.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org