Facilities Manager. New York. Posting Date: 03/28/2019. Deadline: 04/04/2019
The Facilities Manager helps ensure facilities in the New York City ofﬁce are operating efﬁciently and optimally. Work is performed independently/under general supervision. The Facilities Manager will report to the Director, N.Y. Facilities and Operations Management. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following
- Supervise Events Supervisor, and 3-Facilities Assistants. Provide day-to-day management of personnel and tasks, handle performance management and provide periodic feedback on performance
- Coordinate and oversee non-routine maintenance and repairs with building manager/maintenance staff and contractors, especially HVAC, leaks and ﬁre safety
- Liaise with building management to coordinate small construction projects
- Supervise space preparation for moving walls and other exhibits
- Supervise all routine lighting, electrical, locksmith repairs
- Develop and manage maintenance of ﬁxed asset inventory database and purchase small office furniture
- Ensure that all departmental systems are in compliance with 081 internal regulations, monitor costs and reconcile/process external vendor invoices
- Along with Operations Manager, serve as back up to the Director of Facilities and Operations
- Perform other duties as assigned. Changes, addition and removal of essential and other duties may occur at any time
- 5-8 years relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior experience in managing HVAC, plumbing and other facility systems required
- Emergency Action Plan/Fire Safety/Certiﬁcation preferred
- Effectively manage to work efﬁciently in a fast-paced environment, troubleshoot and follow projects through to completion, with strict deadlines and without loss of attention to detail, budget and reporting
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, proﬁcient in Microsoft Ofﬁce and experience with internet research and database management
- Exercise good listening and communication skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences;
- Effectively work as a team member and independently, with a high level of self- motivation and ability to set and meet goals
- Show discretion and ability to handle conﬁdential issues
- Knowledge of key organizations and networks active in the ﬁeld
- Pleasant, diplomatic manner and disposition in interacting with colleagues and the general public
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.