Key results expected:
- Work directly with US Strategy team to support evolving project needs in a fast-paced environment;
- In-depth research as requested on subjects ranging from biosecurity strategies to investigating potential private sector partners and points of synergy with Gavi;
- Supporting the development of briefings and backgrounders for senior Gavi leadership on a range of global health, political, and private sector subjects;
- Attend key events within the DC area and report back to the team (both US and Geneva teams as relevant) on matters of interest to the organization;
- Gain global health skills and knowledge, including advocacy activities and stakeholders, US foreign assistance budgets and legislation, as well as private sector partnerships supporting Gavi’s work and mission.
- Support staff in preparing various types of documents, including but not limited to presentations, briefs, event reports, and PowerPoints for meetings, events, and various activities linked to donor relations and prospecting new supporters in private sector;
- Conduct research on prospective private sector partners and their strategic engagement with Gavi;
- As directed, conduct legislative research to understand its impact on Gavi, and provide content-based research on various subjects of interest (e.g. US biosecurity preparedness);Support the development and review of fact sheets, reports, and briefing materials for use with U.S. government officials as well as with prospective new partners;
- Assist staff with logistics for events and meetings;
- Attend think tank events in DC and report back to the team on key actions/themes.
- Assist the team with knowledge/database management;
- Assist with developing and managing a s
- Minimum of 2 years previous office experience required.
- Strong knowledge and experience with all Microsoft Office Applications, Outlook, Word, Excel, and especially PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently, and effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced, open environment; Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms and experience with media relations;
- Must be a team player, personable, and able to work well with others.
- Fluent in English; French desirable.
- Academic background and experience in public administration, international relations or development, business, public health or other related fields.
- Gavi partners and stakeholders.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org