The Fair Labor Association (FLA) combines the efforts of industry, civil society organizations, and colleges and universities to protect workers’ rights and improve working conditions worldwide by promoting adherence to international labor standards. The FLA is headquartered in Washington, D.C., and has offices in Geneva, Switzerland. For more information see http://www.fairlabor.org.
The Economic Research Fellowship is an opportunity for a current undergraduate student to apply their academic experience to furthering the Fair Labor Association’s mission towards Fair Compensation. The fellow will work alongside the FLA’s Fair Compensation Team to draft communications on high-level, research based guidance to FLA’s stakeholders. This is a paid fellowship being offered during the summer semester of 2019.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Fair Compensation Team in synthesizing existing research on international wage benchmarks and methodologies such as living wages, industry averages, poverty lines, and minimum wages.
- Draft language clarifying technical guidance on best practices for data collection and analysis for FLA’s stakeholders
- Drafting guidance material on strategic guidance on strategy’s for Fair Compensation
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Commitment to the mission of the FLA to protect workers’ rights.
- Strong foundation in Macroeconomics and Communications
- Topical understanding of issues in Economic and International Development
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Economics or Communications, preferably with exposure to courses in International Affairs, Political Science, or other related fields.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in labor rights, human rights, and/or corporate social responsibility.
- Strong computer literacy skills, including MS Office Suite.
- Strong writing skills, including authoring academic research.
- Position based in the FLA DC Office.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org