Imperial College London is ranked in the global top ten universities. Our research is defined by its internationalism, impact and innovation. Two-thirds of Imperial research involves an international collaborator, spanning more than 130 countries, making us one of the UK’s most international universities. The Research Excellence Framework rated Imperial as having the UK’s highest proportion of world-leading (4*) and internationally excellent (3*) researchers, also securing the UK’s number one position for research impact. Our highly entrepreneurial culture, encompassing hundreds of spinouts and industrial partnerships, contributed to Reuters ranking Imperial as Europe’s second most innovative university.
The International Relations Office (IRO) is a busy, highly-visible central unit responsible for supporting the development and delivery of the College’s international engagement with academic partners and overseas governments.
Working closely with the Vice President (International) and the Head of the IRO, as well senior academics from across the four Faculties, you will play a key role in developing, supporting and implementing academic partnership strategies with a region that is of major importance to Imperial. The regional focus of the role is North, Central and South America, with a particular focus on partnerships with the US.
Duties and responsibilities
- You will take a lead in identifying emerging opportunities for the College to develop international peer-to-peer academic/government partnerships in the Americas that help address global challenges and attract the best global talent.
- You will act as a key senior contact (‘front door’) for the College’s strategic partners in the region and possess sufficient levels of credibility to be able to lead on discussions regarding College interests and priorities.
- You will Identify, monitor and report external factors that may impact the College’s international relationships, identifying opportunities and risks for the College.
- You will effectively promote the College’s interests externally, to organisations including foreign embassies based in the UK, British embassies overseas, collaborating peer institutions, funding agencies, FCO, UUKi, and consortia partners.
- You will evaluate, manage and coordinate high-level visits to and from relevant world region(s), working with other relevant teams in College, as required, and under the direction of the Vice President (International), Provost, and President.
- We are looking for a candidate with a strategic and analytical mind-set and with a successful track record of working consultatively to develop strategies.
- Professional credibility, intellectual depth, maturity, and collaborative skills to garner trust and confidence of academic colleagues, members of the College’s leadership team, and external partners.
- Highly developed knowledge of the academic and research environment in the Americas.
- Flexibility and a capacity to adapt to the changing demands of the job and the wide range of partners and issues
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org