EUFORES is the European cross-party network of Members of Parliament from the European Parliament as well as from the EU28 national and regional Parliaments. EUFORES’ core objective is the promotion of renewable energy and energy efficiency. EUFORES has developed a broad spectrum of activities – in and outside of the Parliaments of Europe – in order to coordinate the exchange between its members.
EUFORES is looking for a Project, Communications and Funding Manager to be based at its Secretariat in Brussels. The position includes occasional missions within EU.
Starting date: 1 May 2019 – (latest 1 June 2019)
EUFORES job profile: Scope of Tasks and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage projects and activities with a main focus on energy efficiency;
- General management of EU-funded projects: Coordination of work packages and tasks with pro-ject partners and general contract implementation and project reporting;
- Keep informed about renewable energy & energy efficiency policies and discussions on EU level;
- Project communication: newsletters, press releases, mailings, brochures, social media etc.;
- Project event management.
Communications and Marketing
- Communications and marketing of EUFORES (EUFORES website, newsletters and mailings, media campaigns, social media, printing material, corporate identity, press releases, press reviews and widening of press contacts etc.);
- Technical management and production (Design and production of print, photography, video etc. – based on Adobe Indesign & Photoshop etc.).
Non-parliamentary Membership Services
- Management of non-parliamentary Membership relations and services (EUFORES supporting members);
- Identification, contacting and acquisition of new supporting members (both from the renewables and energy efficiency community);
- Preparation of Advisory Committee meetings.
Fund Raising and Sponsorships
- Fund raising (Overview on EU funds and support programmes);
- Sponsorship activities (Identify, contact and follow-up potential sponsors for EUFORES events, de-velop sponsorship packages, manage sponsor contracts and relationships, establish financing for large conference budgets).
Event Management Support
- Prepare, organise, manage, implement and follow-up events of EUFORES in exchange with the EUFORES Main Event Manager (Inter-Parliamentary Meetings and workshops in national parlia-ments; breakfast roundtables, workshops and dinners in the European Parliament etc.);
- Manage all event related onsite issues: rooms, catering, technical requirements, hostesses, ho-tels, services, side events, transport etc.;
- Keep up relations with managing counterparts in the European Parliament etc.
- Post-graduate University Degree in a related field (political and social science, international rela-tions, management, European studies, intercultural management etc.);
- Excellent knowledge on EU institutions, renewable energy, energy efficiency and environmental issues;
- At least 3 years work experience in project, communications, funding and office management and in the field of EU institutions (experience from European Parliament or Commission welcome);
- Excellent written and oral English (German and French very welcome);
- First class management and representation skills;
- Advanced IT user skills (Excel, Word, Internet, Photoshop, InDesign, Typo3);
- Excellent communication qualities especially in writing, editing and drafting;
- Ability to research, evaluate, negotiate, establish and maintain relationships with members, part-ners, speakers and high level officials and decision makers;
- Cultural awareness and flexibility;
- Willingness and availability to travel;
- References welcome.
- Please direct your CV with photo and motivation letter;
- To Dr. Jan Geiss, Secretary General of EUFORES;
- Via e-mail only. Strictly no telephone calls!
- With the subject "Application Project, Communications and Funding Manager EUFORES – your name".
Application deadline: 23rd April 2019. Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Personal interviews will be held in Brussels in April/May 2019.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org