Raytheon Missile Systems (MS) is looking for an experienced export control professional to support export licensing activities in a fast paced and stimulating export/import environment. This position will provide strategic guidance and planning to understand and achieve international business growth by developing licensing plans, providing guidance for complex licensing strategies, program planning, and assuring regulatory compliance. In addition, this position will be responsible for maintaining applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements and contributing to learning and audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Manage strategic business engagements, planning and execution at functional support areas to ensure business execution, growth and compliance
· Primary interface on interpretation of regulatory requirements or company EXIM policies and procedures for specific capture opportunities
· Prepare, obtain, maintain, manage and monitor applicable licenses, agreements, permits, certifications, technology release authorizations, and commodity jurisdiction determinations in compliance with applicable US Government regulations and company policies
· Analyze and review functional/program data and metrics, proposals, contracts, and/or purchase orders
· Participate in technical programmatic discussions/meetings with program and functional areas
· Support jurisdiction and classification reviews
· Maintain records of current and expired license files, and issues reports on pending and approved licenses/approvals
· Actively participates in selection, training, mentoring and development of export licensing coordinators (ELCs)
· Participate in and lead special projects, cross-functional business projects and corporate projects to support business objectives
· Supports management in investigating and resolving compliance matters.
· Perform the function as a designated Empowered Official per the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
· Act in the capacity of a supervisor to a team of one or more Global Trade professionals
· Ability to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
· Ten (10) + years of broad Export/Import regulatory experience and increasing responsibility (licenses, agreements, compliance, and transactional activities)
· Prior experience with and in-depth knowledge of the ITAR and EAR
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and integrate export/import requirements with company's international business strategy
· Flexible, cooperative and collaborative; demonstrated ability to adapt to changing US Government and customers conditions
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Able to present recommendations to solve business challenges
· Problem solver, able to work under time sensitive circumstances, collaboratively or independently, and take initiative to address situations before issues arise
· Self-motivated and results oriented with ability to prioritize and make independent decision.
· Able to manage priorities of multiple complex tasks
· Attention to detail and follow through on assignments to achieve desired results
· Domestic travel once or twice quarterly is required. Some international travel may also be required.
· Current DoD Secret Security Clearance
· Knowledge of CBP and ATF
· Prior experience as Empowered Official
· Experience with D-Trade, SNAP-R, OCR EASE IT systems a plus
Required Education (including major):
· Bachelor’s degree in international relations, political science, or similar area
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org