Reporting to the President and CEO, the Senior Program Officer is responsible for the analysis, research and writing associated with strategic and development activities. S/he will produce materials such as funding proposals, grant reports, prospect research, and media releases. This position is based in Cambridge, MA, and value flexibility to work on different projects. Travel is a possibility when related to specific projects or prospects and will not exceed 3 months in the first year.
Proposal and grants management & development - 30%
- Maintain a system for tracking the reporting requirements and timelines for existing grants and for managing submission of new proposals
- Coordinate and oversee relationships with corporations, foundations, and individuals who fund various programs and scholarships;
- Implement donor stewardship practices with existing private and corporate donors
Donor outreach – 25%
- Produce internal and external donor-related communications such as funding proposals and grant reports. Other materials may include prospect research on new donors, media releases, letters to external constituents, and presentations to donors;
- Conduct thematic philanthropic research and prospect research to identify new donors
Impact evaluations & data collection – 25%
- Analyze data on AUW students, alumnae, faculty, and other operations; fundraising trends; and philanthropy- or education-related activities by other relevant players in the field;
- Promote and incorporate quantitative and qualitative data and metrics into funding proposals and donor communications
Administration and research – 20%
- Research on regional institutional partnerships and on issues related to program development (i.e. education, women’s issues); regional issues related to AUW on global education task force
Excellent communications, writing, and research skills are required; Experience with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software is a plus. A Master’s degree is preferred.
Please email your cover letter, resume, and writing samples to Katsuki Sakai at [email protected]
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org