The Project Manager implements delegations, conferences, orientations and other events for IIE. This position requires collaboration with other internal stakeholders. The Project Manager will oversee the work of coordinators and administrators on a project-by-project basis.
- Designs and implements the content and program development for global events and delegations.
- Develops and monitors events and delegation implementation plans and reports on events and delegation status, including budget, attendance and closeout activities.
- Identifies and secures content provider relationships, such as event speakers, trainers and facilitators.
- Oversees the implementation of logistical needs including travel, accommodations, food and beverage services, oversight of ground transportation, venues, and all other meeting arrangements.
- Manages attendee assignment process, through building and maintaining event registration sites and apps, using services like Cvent, Crowd Compass or online survey tools.
- Creates and edits event and delegation materials with support from coordinators and administrators.
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in order to apply a working knowledge of the theories and principles in a specialized field or work discipline.
- Requires at least two years of related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in international education, training or events management.
- Experience working with logistical arrangements, program content development, or facilitation of group training or orientation sessions.
- Strong network building skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience managing multitasking complex projects.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent presentation and delivery skills.
- High attention to detail.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org