The Real News Network and Baltimore Studios is currently seeking an Investigative Journalist to be our Capitol Hill Correspondent in Washington, DC.
The Real News Network (TRNN) is a news and documentary network producing independent and uncompromising journalism. We produce daily news pieces with a global and local focus which are viewed over 6 million times a month. The network is non-profit, supported by members, individual donors and foundations. We do not accept advertising or funding from any government or corporation.
TRNN is seeking an enterprising and aggressive Investigative Journalist. The person we seek to join our staff, will bring a unique combination of journalistic and broadcasting experience to the position along with the demonstrated ability to develop, break and regularly report stories. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge, and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it impactful and memorable. Strong writing skills, knowledge of current events; and a commitment to TRNN’s editorial policy and ethic is essential. Dynamic live television and storytelling skills are a must.
· Research, develop, write and produce ground-breaking investigative news stories
· Generate long and short-term investigative news projects
· Contribute research and analysis on major breaking news events
· Provide investigative content across all of TRNN’s on-air and digital platforms
· Develop and maintain sources that will generate exclusive reports
· Identify and pitch investigative angles to TRNN’s producers and Editorial staff
· Knowledge of the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) process and file requests when necessary
· Work closely with TRNN’s producers and Editorial staff to refine investigative pitches and story scripts
· Willingness to perform basic video shooting and editing
· Maintain an active social media presence to build brand and solicit original story ideas
· Able to travel and work overtime and weekends with short notice
· Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org