For over 25 years, ADRA has implemented relief and development activities in Madagascar with funding from major international donors, including USAID. ADRA now seeks a Strategic Learning Lead for an anticipated USAID/FFP–funded Development Food Security Activity (DFSA) in Madagascar. The project aims to improve food and nutrition security in the regions of Atsimo Atsinanana and Vatovavy-Fitovinany.
The Strategic Learning Lead will advance collaboration and learning across all projects in the implementation area. (S)/he will ensure active, intentional and adaptive learning within and across the DFSA’s multi-sectoral activities, partners and stakeholders; while expanding ADRA’s position as a leader of food security programming in Madagascar.
The Strategic Learning Lead will improve peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application, activity-based capacity strengthening, evidence and data utilization, and collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA).
The Strategic Learning Lead will capture, analyze, disseminate and promote the use of best practices and lessons learned to guide successful adaptive management activity, and to contribute to the wider food security and nutrition programming evidence base.
The Strategic Learning Lead will report to the COP and to the ADRA country office as needed.
This position is contingent upon receipt of funding and requires donor approval.
- Provide strategic leadership for learning and knowledge exchange.
- Create, share, and manage relevant knowledge assets that support program outcomes and contribute to the evidence base of food security and nutrition programming.
- Ensure that programmatic learning and results are fully documented, shared and used to drive adaptive management processes.
- Lead the collection, analysis, documentation, dissemination and use of best practices and lessons learned.
- Design and implement internal and external knowledge exchange and learning events to improve peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application.
- Develop and/or maintain strategic relationships with relevant stakeholders to promote effective coordination, collaboration and dissemination of program learning.
- Support the design and implementation of an M&E framework and plan that incorporates CLA principles and components.
- Support the development and implementation of a Learning Agenda.
- Build staff and partner capacity in CLA and participatory adult learning techniques
- Develop and maintain a safe environment that encourages the sharing of problems, ideas, and solutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree (Master's or PhD) with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated expertise in knowledge management, organizational learning and capacity strengthening in international development projects.
- Strong experience in leading efforts to capture, synthesize, disseminate and use relevant technical knowledge to guide effective programmatic decision-making.
- Competence with facilitation and participatory techniques that drive peer-to peer knowledge exchange, continuous programmatic learning and improvement.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain strategic working relationships and support communication and cross- organizational collaboration with local government and Ministry officials, community leaders, community-based organizations, donors, partners and other stakeholders
- Detail-oriented and excellent time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and deliver required results in a timely and quality manner.
- Knowledge and familiarity with USAID/FFP funding.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Written and spoken command of English and French languages.
- Experience working on a USAID-funded program or other large, bi-lateral donor agency projects
- Experience with food security programming
- Experience with USAID’s collaborating, learning and adapting (CLA) framework.
- Knowledge or understanding of the Madagascar context (social, economic, cultural and political)
- Direct experience in Madagascar.
- Fluency in Malagasy.
Leading and Supervising - Provides others with a clear direction; motivates and empowers others; recruits staff of a high caliber; provides staff with development opportunities and coaching; sets appropriate standards of behavior, gives regular feedback.
- Relating and Networking - Establishes good relationships with individuals both internally and externally; relates well to people at all levels; builds wide and effective networks of contacts; uses humor appropriately to bring warmth to relationships with others.
- Creating and Innovating - Produces new ideas, approaches, or insights; creates innovative products or designs; produces a range of solutions to problems.
- Planning and Organizing - Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organizes resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org