The anticipated USAID-funded Youth Activity project in the Philippines will work with the Government of the Philippines to support improved basic education, life skills, employability and entrepreneurship for youth who are not in education, employment or training. This activity will support systems strengthening of national government agencies, as well as the mobilization of local stakeholders to achieve activity outcomes. It will operate in secondary cities outside conflict-affected areas to support inclusive growth. The activity outcomes will include: increase access to quality education for out-of-school youth; improved life skills, employability and entrepreneurship; strengthened national government systems to deliver education and training to youth not in education, employment or training; and increased participation of local stakeholders in Positive Youth Development (PYD).
The Positive Youth Development Component Lead will be responsible for designing and implementing the project approach to increasing the participation of local stakeholders, including government and private sector partners, in Positive Youth Development.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Deputy Chief of Party.
- Develop and implement a project approach to increase participation of local stakeholders in Positive Youth Development;
- In coordination with the project team, engage with youth, the business community, civil society, and other stakeholders to assess the strengths and challenges of local stakeholder participation in Positive Youth Development;
- Identify special populations, such as ethnic or religious minorities, formerly incarcerated youth, young mothers, etc., and recommend appropriate adaptations to services and supports where necessary;
- Lead the development or adaptation of tools and resources to support increased stakeholder participation in Positive Youth Development, including but not limited to curriculum design, trainings, and toolkits;
- Foster a commitment to Positive Youth Development among local stakeholders through facilitating events, establishing communities of practice, leading awareness campaigns, etc.;
- Provide training and coaching on the core principals of Positive Youth Development and operationalizing Positive Youth Development into workforce development programs and private sector initiatives; and
- Supervise provision of technical assistance and training to achieve project objectives.
- Master’s Degree in education, social work, human development or other relevant degree;
- Expert-level understanding of Positive Youth Development and social inclusion;
- At least eight (8) years of experience in the Philippines in work specifically to youth programming;
- Strong facilitation skills with demonstrated capacity to lead workshops, trainings, events, and strategic planning sessions;
- Ability to work well in a diverse team environment as well as independently; and
- Professional proficiency in English and Filipino.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org