As Intern Strategic Communications, you will be part of the Strategic Communications team and report to the Strategic Communications Associate, Europe.
The ECF’s strategic communications team is the outreach unit of the foundation. Its role is to act as a centre of expertise for communication on climate change and to play an active role in helping create more political, media and public endorsement for action on climate change at an international, national and sectoral level. Team members deliver strategic advice, communications and outreach support to ECF’s programmes and its grantees, and work as part of a global network of communications experts to enhance the public debate on climate change and its solutions more broadly.
The ECF’s Strategic Communications team currently accepts applications for an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual to undertake an internship and gain professional experience in strategic climate communications.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a young professional with a sincere interest in climate and energy issues to engage and play an active role in helping speed up the low carbon transition at the European level.
As Intern Strategic Communications you will be responsible for:
- Working with the team to support the communications and media needs of the ECF, its programmes, grantees and the wider climate community;
- Making full use of new media tools to disseminate messages and raise awareness of ECF-supported initiatives and outputs;
- Participating in calls and meetings of international youth and mobilisation groups;
- Helping organise and manage media and event requests;
- Monitoring the news agenda and public debates;
- Maintaining and developing in-house media and outreach databases;
- Planning and coordinating events, preparing and supporting calls;
- Drafting and editing copy for op-eds, internal documents etc.;
- Other ad hoc outreach, research and administrative tasks.
- A genuine interest in the mission and values of the ECF;
- Fast-learning self-starter comfortable to work in a fast-paced international environment;
- Comfortable to act as a representative on calls and meetings with partner organisations;
- Academic background or interest in the fields of communications, public relations, energy or environmental issues;
- Media-savvy with knowledge of the European and global media landscape;
- Up to speed with online communication tools and social media;
- Excellent command of spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets;
- Superior English language skills, both written and verbal, knowledge of other EU languages welcome;
- Ability to work flexibly both independently and in a team;
- Appreciation of the vital role of administrative tasks;
- Existing contacts and networks in climate youth groups and mobilisation organisations a plus;
- The disposition to work with colleagues in a high-trust global community of peers with a spirit of generosity and mutual support;
- A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to facing climate change.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org