Too Young to Wed (TYTW) is seeking an energetic and motivated candidate to fill the position of Deputy Director at our small but quickly growing high profile and dynamic organization, which provides support for child marriage survivors worldwide and advocates to end the practice globally.
The Deputy Director will have both internal and external responsibilities, ranging from project management, administration, and human resources to donor relations. The Deputy Director will partner closely with the ED to chart TYTW's future growth and strategic response to an increasing demand for the organization’s services. The responsibilities of the role are varied, challenging, and require the ability to operate effectively within in a fast-paced, and multicultural environment. The ideal candidate is a seasoned and innovative manager who pays close attention to detail while also focusing on the big picture.
Deputy Executive Director, Non-Profit Organization Tasks
- Exceptional skills in self-management (initiative-organization-accountability)
- Communicate organization goals and operational plans to all levels of the organization and to donors
- Assist the executive director with implantation of strategic plan and coordination of the organization's programs, projects, and policy positions.
- Manage the organization in the absence of the executive director.
- Work to secure financial support for the NGO, write grants, run programs, and organize fundraisers.
- Partner with the ED in essential internal firm leadership activities such as information technology, human resources (recruiting, reviews, staff deployment/workload balancing, career progression) with related internal communications and budgeting/finance duties.
- Identify best practices and improve internal systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities.
- Mentoring, coaching; visible, approachable sounding board/resource
- 5-10+ distinguished years in a senior management position in a nonprofit organization, foundation, or nongovernment agencies
- Track record delivering superior results, commanding respect, and assuming leadership roles
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humor
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people – junior and senior, for-profit and nonprofit, and from diverse backgrounds
- Operates with excellence in mind in all matters, with the confidence to defend/debate ideas without ego interfering
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in organizational settings
- Transparent, direct, with substance
- Passionate about Too Young to Wed’s mission to empower girls and end child marriage globally
Please send your resume and cover letter, Subject Line: Application for Deputy Executive Director
Too Young to Wed is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply for the position.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org