The UN Global Compact is the largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world. With over 12,000 participants in more than 100 countries, the UN Global Compact has an unparalleled global reach and the exclusive opportunity to activate a diverse network of business, investors, Government, UN and civil society stakeholders to create the world we want. Each year the UN Global Compact hosts a series of flagship events that build on our unique principles-based approach, anchored in United Nations conventions and resolutions, to elevate our brand and raise the sustainability platform, showcase core programmatic work and unveil the latest intelligence in corporate sustainability. These events are designed to connect leaders, promote best practices and create partnerships for lasting change.
The United Nations Global Compact is seeking a full-time Registration and Data Associate to join the Strategic Events Unit at our Global Headquarters in New York City to support in the development and execution of these world class flagship events.
The Associate will support the daily operations of the Strategic Events Unit and is responsible for all registration processes, payment details, participant inquires, and onsite logistical arrangements. The Associate will work closely with other Event staff responsible for content and programme development, participant engagement, sponsor relations, communications and media and must have exceptionally strong team and collaboration skills, as well as the ability to manage time and resources effectively.
The ideal candidate is a data driven analytic thinker, who is interested in corporate sustainability and ready to roll up their sleeves at an event; must be customer service minded, and possess both strong problem solving and communication skills.You will be joining the team at a pivotal time as we gear up for General Assembly and our largest Leaders Summit event ever in June 2020. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in starting and their career in the nonprofit, hospitality, and international development sectors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting in the build of highly-customizable registration sites using that reflect attendee criteria, multiple fees and payment methods, and up to date programme details
- Monitoring multiple event registrations processes and creating weekly reports to better understand stakeholder demographics and distribution of revenue; use data to reevaluate event marketing and registration strategies
- Daily excel management, including cross checking all event invitations, payments and engagement data and ensuring due diligence across all event unit activities
- Leading on systems integrations to streamline data access across varying platforms; Particularly between Aventri, Pardot and Salesforce systems
- Responding to event participant inquiries related to registration, payments, programme and logistical information
- Supporting on the development and management of the UN Global Compact mobile app; Maintaining regular website updates with latest programme, speaker, attendee and sponsor profiles
- Researching innovative event and production technologies to implement at future events
- Creating post-event summary reports that highlight main outcomes and reflect on Key Performance Indicators
- Keep a pulse on all UNGC and global sustainability events and maintain both an internal and external events calendar
- Providing proactive on-site registration, production and attendee support as needed
- Supporting on special projects and performing other related duties as assigned
- Candidates must be available 5 full days a week, with flexibility for early mornings and late nights during event lead up
- Bachelor’s degree required. Relevant fields include information technologies, international relations, political science, communications, marketing, business, hospitality, or non-profit management
- 1-2 years of professional experience in data analysis, customer support and/or events preferred
- Service-oriented and flexible; proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and remain level headed and calm in stressful situations
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Apps required
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multitask; Ability to take initiative and manage individual projects effectively
- Demonstrated interest in Corporate Social Sustainability and International Business
- Dynamic interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships at all organizational levels; demonstrated team player
- Experience in software such as Aventri, Salesforce and Pardot preferred, but not required
- Competitive Salary
- Retirement Plan – 15% employer contribution after 6 months of services with an additional 7.5% matching option
- Vacation Days – 30 paid days (6 weeks) per year
- Maternity Leave – 16 weeks with full pay
- Paternity Leave – 4 weeks with full pay Medical/Dental/Vision employee coverage
- Please email with the subject heading “Associate - Strategic Events” and include all of the following:
- Cover Letter
- At least one professional reference
- Please note applicant must be eligible to work in the United States.
- Applications will be accepted until 17, May 2019.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org