Position Summary: Relief International seeks an entrepreneurial business development professional for its Regional Program Development Manager (RPDM) position in Asia. The RPDM, working collaboratively with the Asia Regional Director, country teams and with a direct senior-level reporting line to the Director of Program Development, will thrive in an entrepreneurial senior team dedicated to building high-impact programming. The successful candidate will be creative and relentless, driving results that will fuel RI’s strategy. The RPDM will be responsible for donor engagement and capture management (approximately 30%) and managing and/or assisting in proposal development (approximately 70%). The RPDM will travel (at least 60%) to field sites as well as other countries as needed.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Donor Engagement and Capture Management (approximately 30%)
- In coordination with the regional and country teams:
- Support development of RI PD strategy in Asia and ensure coordination with overall program development strategy;
- Maintain regular engagement with donors, international organizations, national governments, foundations, etc., to track donor trends and priorities and inform HQ of upcoming program priorities;
- Represent RI to the donor community as needed and inform donors on RI regional and country efforts;
- Attend relevant meetings and networking events (e.g., regional and national coordination meetings, relevant RFA/P meetings, donor consultations) as needed for the performance of duties;
- Maintain outreach with relevant international and local NGOs as well as private sector firms in order to facilitate partnerships needed for program development opportunities; and,
- Develop capture plans and conduct completion analysis on upcoming priority proposals.
Proposal Development (approximately 70%)
- Engage in needs assessment for project proposals as necessary;
- Contribute to program design, for solicited and unsolicited programs, and for pilot and full-scale programs;
- Where proposals are pending with donor agencies, meet with donor officers to ensure program plans represent a good fit with donor objectives;
- Participate in the preparation of funding proposals, including leading proposal writing efforts as well as costing efforts;
- Track country and regional proposal efforts and report to PD team on status;
- Support effective go/no-go decisions and cost share analysis;
- Serve as PD focal point for the countries in Asia that RI works in;
- Build the capacity of regional and country teams in program development; and,
- Ensure review process and submission is completed, within submission deadlines.
- Support building the PD Consultant Roster, identifying potential technical and non-technical individuals to be hired on a short-term basis;
- Undertake travel as required in the pursuit of the above tasks;
- Prepare regular activity reports for HQ;
- Undertake other ad hoc tasks, as instructed by HQ; and,
- Operate within RI policy, setting an example for other field staff.
- This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to excel in a demanding and fast paced environment;
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, insightfully and persuasively on tight deadlines;
- A strong network of international donor contacts and relationships;
- An outstanding ability to track donor trends that contribute to business development outcomes;
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills;
- A passion and ability to work with field teams for sustained periods;
- Masters degree in international relations, business administration or other relevant field;
- 5 – 10 years’ minimum experience INGO context, previous work experience with DFID, EU, ECHO, USAID required;
- 10 years’ minimum relevant work experience with progressively increasing responsibility;
- Proven success in grant writing, net-working and liaising with field and HQ staff when necessary.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org