The Program Associate will provide programmatic, M&E and administrative support to HKI’s portfolio of Integrated Control of NTD programs. The Program Associate’s main responsibilities will be to support day-to-day operations and backstop the program and M&E teams, including: the preparation of donor reports, database (workbooks) management and analysis, coordinating and implementing knowledge management initiatives, producing supporting materials, and providing general logistical support to the department.
Program Planning and Reporting
- Collaborate with the program team to provide quick and accurate program information as needed, and to monitor progress of country NTD programs against stated objectives and outputs;
- Compile monthly programmatic reports for review by Program Managers and coordinate layers of review among all parties for the timely submission of semi-annual and annual donor reports;
- Support country and HQ staff to organize, compile, review and cross-check the annual work plan packages for submission to USAID (narrative, workbooks, budget and appendices);
- Copy-edit reports and other deliverables prepared by managers for data quality, accuracy and proper formatting;
- Input data and content from existing sources to contribute to the development of presentations, communications materials, proposals and/or literature reviews;
- Provide in-country support to HKI field offices, as needed.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Compile, clean, analyze, and format data spanning multiple sources and countries in response to various reporting requirements and ad hoc requests;
- Conduct quality review of M&E workbooks, disease trackers and other data received from country offices to ensure consistency and integrity of data;
- Maintain HKI NTD departmental database for internal metrics and reporting;
- Develop and maintain country-level databases of NTD survey and treatment data and assist the NTD staff in querying databases to respond to donor requests in a timely manner;
- Conduct data analyses as needs arise to answer key data questions across projects and countries, including spatial analyses using GIS as needed;
- Support M&E and Program staff to develop and review lessons learned documents and peer-reviewed publications;
- Support real-time data cleaning and review of field survey data uploaded to the server;
- Assist with operational research projects as required.
Program Knowledge Management
- Draft and review success stories, and/or technical briefs to be shared with internal and external audiences;
- Curate the NTD department’s intranet page (KellerNet) by identifying, organizing, uploading and tagging new resources and tools and uploading NTD publications;
- Support the roll-out of the minimum program standards for NTDs and update the MPS as new technical guidelines and best practices are developed;
- Help draft Community of Practice emails, article reviews and summaries for NTD News for Africa.
- Prepare agendas for and schedule team and/or department meetings. Document outcomes including decisions, assignments, milestones, pending action items and due dates;
- Coordinate logistical and travel support for project meetings, workshops, trainings and/or attendance at conferences;
- Manage the team travel tracker, including monthly updates and requests for donor approval of trips;
- Support Finance Program Managers with monthly invoicing, as needed;
- Provide support for procurement of goods and services;
- Prepare payment requests and monthly report of expenses incurred on department credit card accounts;
- Support data inventorying and organization of files on the NTD drive.
- Master’s Degree in public health, international development or a related field plus 1-2 years directly relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Experience in data management, program implementation and/or monitoring and evaluation;
- Ability to think through problems systematically and integrate information from multiple sources;
- Proficient in use of spreadsheets and databases; eager to learn new platforms;
- Ability to perform duties that require very close attention to detail and synthesize large amounts of information accurately and concisely;
- Oral and written proficiency in English. Ability to communicate effectively across cultures and to communicate complex technical information to a variety of audiences;
- Ability to prioritize workload, assume responsibility for work, and follow through to completion;
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure as a part of a global team;
- Current US work authorization plus residence in or willingness to relocate to the NY metro area.
- Use of data analysis software such as STATA, SAS, SPSS, EpiInfo and GIS;
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations. Knowledge of the West Africa region;
- French language skills.
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and resume noting the position title in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org