The Project Manager is a part-time position, and will be the lead and main link between the project in Pakistan and the Room to Read office in San Francisco. S/he will be responsible for ensuring the project operates on-time and on-budget with programmatic excellence. S/he will be involved in all aspects of the project including partner selection, on-going monitoring of implementation and budget, adaptation of Room to Read’s materials, execution against the project plan, and problem-solving throughout the duration of the project period.
The Project Manager will report to the Director of Global Program Operations, who is based in San Francisco. The Project Manager will work in close collaboration with the Program, Operations, Finance, and Development teams during the project. The Project Manager will ideally be located in the San Francisco Bay Area, coming in to the San Francisco office weekly as necessary. The Project Manager will ideally work in Pakistan approximately 15 to 20% of the time (3-4 trips per year of 2-3 weeks in duration).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall execution of project activities.
- Manage the project timeline, workplan, and budget, including monthly forecasts. Coordinate spending and projections with Room to Read’s Finance and Accounting team.
- Lead development of overall program strategy, technical assistance workshops and support visits with the Room to Read Global Programs Team.
- Monitor and approve Room to Read technical assistance staff timesheets and expense reports in line with Room to Read policies and procedures.
- Lead vetting and selection of local operational and/or implementation partner(s) in Pakistan. Ensure capacity of local partners to execute with quality and coordinate and/or provide training for them, as needed.
- Review operational partner invoices. Troubleshoot any spending concerns.
- Contribute to and review project narrative and financial reports as to the donors.
- Represent Room to Read in Pakistan to a variety of constituents including government, as needed.
- Minimum of seven to 10 years of work experience, managing complex international projects or projects in Pakistan.
- Experience working in international education at the primary school level; experience working in literacy is preferred.
- Experience building relationships with senior-level decision-makers.
- Experience in program management (including budget development and monitoring, program implementation tracking, etc).
- Experience managing staff or consultants.
- Ability to work well in multi-disciplinary teams and demonstrated diplomatic skills and cultural awareness
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Eligible to work in the United States; no sponsorship provided
- Experience working in Pakistan and fluency in Urdu and/or Sindhi
- Master’s degree in Education, Public Administration, International Affairs, or Business
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefits and a 401K match. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
Global Office - Main - San Francisco
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org