The Enterprise & Mission Solution Business Unit currently has an opening for a PKI Analyst to support a Department of State (DoS) Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) program. This program provides transparent, interconnected systems and security supporting the DoS in successfully carrying out its U.S. foreign policy mission. IRM provides enterprise architecture design, engineering, operations and maintenance support services for desktops, servers, networks, firewalls, and enterprise applications across the Department. Program is named "Vanguard" and is an IT consolidation consisting of the Department's servers, mainframes, network devices, network perimeter, anti-virus engineering, public key infrastructure (PKI)/biometrics/encryption, monitoring tools, telephony, mobile computing platform, virtual environment, and enclave design/security engineering. This is a journeyman level position within the Vanguard program Security Operations Service Line, acting as a PKI Analyst. The position directly supports DoS on-site in the Washington area, and at overseas Posts as required. The position primarily supports the end user PKI deployment within the Department of State, Systems Integrity Division.
Description of Duties:
- Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands.
- Traveling to government sites and other locations within the Washington DC area as required for installing PKI end user peripherals, such as: Smartcard readers and biometric devices.
- Maintaining PKI related installation and training documentation
- Training security officers, network administrators, and Local Registration Authorities in the operations and security of the PKI/BLADE program.
- Developing and improving the process for the installing appropriate PK/IBLADE hardware, software, and other required, but non-PKI software packages.
- Training end users in the operation of the PKI hardware and software.
- Serving as PKI Registration Authority, responsible for creating, recovering, and revoking PKI credentials.
- Conducting face-to-face user validation for the issuance of PKI certificates.
- Issuing Smart Cards containing PKI Certificates to end users and system administrators
- Must be willing to work any shift
AA Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience; Or, High School and five (5) years related experience
- Previous experience as a PKI Registration Authority (RA) or Local Registration Authority (LRA)
- Extensive experience with the following applications: web-based applications, Microsoft Office software such as Outlook and Remedy Help Desk Ticket Tracker.
- Proficient with the Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating Systems.
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Experienced with providing customer service support
- Experienced in managing Remedy trouble tickets.
- Desired Experience/Skills/Attributes:
- Proficient in creating and issuing end user accounts and credentials within the Microsoft active directory, to include Windows 2003 through Windows 2008R2.
- ITIL ® Foundation certification.
- Familiarity with DoS environment (data and voice networks, IT security systems, policies and procedures), Foreign Affairs Handbooks (FAHs), Foreign Affairs Manuals (FAMs) preferred.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to collaborate effectively, self-awareness, and excellent written and oral communications.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org