The Atlantic Council seeks a talented organizer, thinker, and communicator for a full-time Program Assistant position to serve in its Global Energy Center. The Program Assistant will work alongside a small team developing and managing the broad mission and programs of the Center, particularly the Atlantic Council Global Energy Forum in Abu Dhabi (www.acenergyforum.org).
Reporting to the Center’s Director, the Program Assistant’s responsibilities will be divided into three functions:
- 50-60% will be dedicated to the Council’s flagship event, the Atlantic Council Global Energy Forum in Abu Dhabi, and will include assistance with the invitation process, speaker management, and management of the registration system for the annual conference.
- 20-25% will be dedicated to assisting the Center Director with scheduling, logistics, and communications.
- 20-25% will be dedicated to supporting the Center’s ambitious programming agenda across all topic areas, especially the program’s work on nuclear energy issues. The Program Assistant will conduct administrative and research tasks and will help to coordinate a broad range of events for the Center alongside the Center’s other staff.
The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, communicate effectively, and enjoy the complexity of helping to build a rapidly growing program. The candidate should have a background in international relations with an interest in energy issues. The position requires a strong aptitude for organizing programs and events, excellent administrative and communication skills, superior writing ability, extraordinary attention to detail, and a proven aptitude to manage day-to-day logistics of a fast-paced organization. This position also requires the ability to work remotely between Christmas and New Year’s
The successful candidate for this position will be committed to the Atlantic Council’s core mission to renew the Atlantic community for global challenges and Global Energy Center’s commitment to help the United States and its partners take the lead in navigating the challenges of the changing global energy landscape. Finally, the desired candidate will have a desire to excel in the position and advance in the organization. This position will be located in Washington, DC and will include travel to the UAE. The Atlantic Council seeks applicants with diverse backgrounds and offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience.
- Assist with the invitation process, speaker management, and registration system management for the Atlantic Council Global Energy Forum in Abu Dhabi.
- Manage the schedule, logistics, and communication for the Director of the Global Energy Center.
- Support the organization and execution of Global Energy Center events; liaising with the office of external relations and other relevant programs, coordinating travel arrangements as needed, and helping to prepare briefing material for guests coming to Washington and for Global Energy Center trips abroad.
- Help manage the Global Energy Center events calendar and ensure that staff are made aware of all relevant meetings and events.
- Conduct research as needed to support Center activities; including briefings on current events, key stakeholders, and emerging issues.
- In coordination with the Center’s Assistant Director, draft and edit Center promotional materials and periodic reports to Council management, support the completion and dissemination of Center newsletters and other products, including social media accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, in economics, finance, international relations, energy & environmental studies, public policy, or other relevant fields.
- 1-2 years relevant work experience preferred.
- Superb organizational skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to work well in a team and to communicate effectively with others ranging from interns to government and business leaders in the United States and abroad.
- Interest in geopolitics, energy markets, and energy policy.
- Experience in organizing and staging events is highly desired.
- Superior English language writing skills and analytical ability. Foreign language proficiency favorably considered, especially Arabic, but not necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; photo-editing, web-editing, and social media skills are highly desired.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org