Administrative Assistant, Executive Office. New York. Posting Date: 04/26/2019. Deadline: 05/05/2019
The Executive Office comprises the President, Vice President, Chief Integration Officer, Special Advisors, Presidential Fellows, and supporting staff. We build relationships with high-priority institutional partners, including donors, open network grantees, and major multilateral and governmental institutions; convene the Senior Leadership Group, Management Committee, and other OSF-wide Committees; participate in or lead cross-department and ad-hoc teams and special projects; manage the chairman's and president's grants and reserve funds; advance assessment through presidential portfolio reviews; coordinate with office executives, special advisors, and the Office of Senior Advisors to support their travel, writing, correspondence, and meeting preparation. Job Profile
The Executive Office seeks an administrative assistant to provide administrative/operational support to the department. The position is based in New York and will report to the Special Assistant to the President. This position is ideal for someone who is looking for an administrative career in a fast paced, exciting environment.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Provides heavy administrative support, including scheduling, travel logistics, notetaking, and expense reports
- Helps to manage team calendars, handles intake and appropriate routing of calls/emails, and deals with public inquiries
- Handles logistics for events and meetings and liaises with board members, participants, vendors and consultants as needed
- Conducts research online for information and seeks additional information as necessary
- Oversees day to day operations of the contact database, including organizing information, creating mailing lists, sorting through physical and electronic mail, and assisting with team projects
- Oversees internal knowledge management system for program-related files, keeping them organized and up to date
- One to three years of administrative experience at a large and complex (ideally international) organization
- Demonstrable ability to maintain processes, systems, and workflows and ensure adherence and follow-up
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven flexibility to adapt to changes in procedures and job assignments; ability to prioritize work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Highly organized, detail oriented, resourceful, and excels at independent problem-solving
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills with sensitivity to cultural communication differences and demonstrated expertise in handling all information in a confidential manner
Application instructions: Please submit a cover letter and CV
Competitive rates of pay apply.
We are strengthened by the diversity of our colleagues across the Open Society Foundations. We welcome applications from people of all cultures, backgrounds, and experiences, and are committed to providing reasonable adjustments so that colleagues with disabilities are able to fulfill the essential functions of the job.