Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
If this sounds like you, Dexis is seeking a mid-level Program Support Specialist to support the Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs (OAPA) Afghanistan (AF) Division, in a surge capacity for up to one year. The position location will be in Washington, DC, and the start date will be on or about July 1, 2019.
As the Program Support Specialist, you will be responsible for maintaining a current understanding of the country context and the Mission’s agenda. Other responsibilities include:
- Organize and draft material for Agency and Regional Bureau front offices and other Agency leadership;
- Monitor political, economic, and social developments in-country and analyze potential impact on political and/or development issues;
- Identify links with other Mission’s best practices (Knowledge management);
- Facilitate communication, analysis, and processes between the Mission and USAID Washington;
- Present the Mission and regional bureau perspective to counterparts within the USG including other Agencies and Congress, as well as with international donor organizations (World Bank, IMF, UN, etc.), other outside bodies (NGOs, academics, think tanks, etc.), USAID implementing partners, and the general public;
- Field questions from the general public and other stakeholders; plan meetings with interested organizations as needed;
- Draft memos, talking points, reports; provide analyses, and other research as needed;
- Provide administrative support to Afghanistan Desk and OAPA Front Office senior leadership, on an as needed basis;
- Provide the Mission technical/political information on issues that may impact the host country and Mission activities;
- Summarize and distribute relevant classified and unclassified cable reporting;
- Analyze and disseminate information on key issues and events in key countries, analyze trends and changes for Mission and Bureau leadership (i.e. elections, refugees, etc.);
- Prepare country briefing papers and help maintain current country fact sheets in coordination with relevant mission;
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Active secret-level security clearance;
- 6 to 8 years of project management related work;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in international affairs, political science, public policy, international development, communications, or other related field;
- Proficiency in the use of Google applications;
- Have knowledge or familiarity with: 1) the development, economic and political context of Afghanistan and/or the wider region; 2) USAID program and budget cycles, implementation and strategies; 3) familiarity with the interagency process and writing government briefers.
- An ability to travel to Afghanistan on temporary duty (TDY) assignments for multiple weeks at a time;
- A highly organized, proactive, and creative individual;
- Experience using database applications and other trackers to organize data;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to take direction and work collegially on teams;
- Familiarization with USAID and/or Department of State.
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org