The PCAOB oversees the audits of public companies and SEC-registered brokers and dealers in order to protect investors and further the public interest in the preparation of informative, accurate, and independent audit reports.
Job Description Summary
The PCAOB has a full-time, regular position for an Associate Director in the Office of International Affairs. The Associate Director assists in developing and advising the Board on strategies for implementing the Board’s statutorily-mandated oversight of registered non-U.S. firms. The incumbent assists in developing and maintaining good working relationships and cooperative arrangements where appropriate with the relevant foreign regulators to facilitate PCAOB’s oversight of non-U.S. firms.
- Conduct negotiations and/or advise on international policy or legal issues relating to a variety of written texts as appropriate to implement cooperative international arrangements;
- Support other divisions as they plan and carry out inspections and investigations of non-U.S. firms in foreign jurisdictions;
- Work to identify and resolve potential conflicts of law or problems that may arise during a non-U.S. inspection or investigation and recommend appropriate resolution;
- Assist in developing and maintaining good working relationships with relevant non-U.S. authorities by representing the PCAOB in international meetings with non-U.S. regulators, for example, in the International Forum for Independent Audit Regulators (IFIAR) and its various working groups;
- Assist in supporting Board members and senior staff in connection with their participation in IFIAR, international conferences or meetings by preparing briefing papers, talking points, etc., especially on international policy or law, or international organizational matters;
- Monitor and analyze, and where appropriate prepare concise briefing memoranda to the Board about, international policy and legal developments with respect to auditing and accounting standards, financial and securities regulatory matters, corporate governance, enforcement matters, capital markets, and international organizational and administrative law matters;
- Working collaboratively with others in OIA and other PCAOB offices to develop solutions that take into account multiple perspectives; and
- Assist on other policy, administrative law and strategic planning issues related to OIA as requested.
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Economics, International Relations, or related field
- CPA or juris doctor (JD) strongly preferred, with experience in international accounting and auditing, international law, international organizations, and/or corporate and securities law highly preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of professional work experience in a related field;
- Experience in issues related to regulatory affairs, accounting, or auditing within the U.S. and/or other countries highly preferred;
- Foreign language skills are a positive;
- Outstanding record of achievement with regard to quality of work, professionalism, work ethic, analysis, resourcefulness, and creativity;
- Excellent written and presentation skills combined with competence in primary and secondary legal or policy research, as evidenced by superior academic achievements;
- Ability to learn quickly and make sense of confusing, uncertain, or difficult legal or policy terrain;
- Clarity in communicating and clearly articulating findings and opinions for senior managers and Board members;
- Intellectual curiosity (i.e., the instinct to "go deeper" on interesting, often unexpected information);
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills; ability to condense extensive research findings into relevant, actionable insights for senior managers and Board members;
- Extensive experience in contribution and collaboration in a team environment;
- Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously and to a very high standard; and
- Must be willing to travel abroad regularly.
As we seek to accomplish our mission and implement our vision, we expect integrity, pursue excellence, operate with effectiveness, embrace collaboration, and demand accountability.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org