The IPA, a network of Catholic religious congregations of Sisters, dedicated to the work of Global Justice, in addressing the issues of Women and Children; Care of the Earth; and Indigenous Peoples; are seeking a suitable candidate to fill the position of IPA NGO Representative. Based in New York, the successful candidate will:
- Prepare and present position papers, statements and lobbying strategies to address UN issues from the IPA grassroots perspective.
- Participate in NGO Committee Work.
- Co-sponsor and moderate Events at the UN.
- Serve as principal liaison between the IPA and the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (UN) and between the UN and the IPA Executive Director, the IPA Justice Contacts (who are located in 24 countries) and the IPA Members world-wide.
- Effectively participate on behalf of the IPA in UN processes, programmes and activities.
- Work collaboratively within the IPA Team under the direction of the IPA Executive Director.
- Effectively administrate and organise the management of the IPA New York Office.
- Mentor, manage and support IPA Volunteers/Interns and Short-Term Representatives.
- Compile and submit relevant content for the IPA Website and Newsletter.
- Maintain and develop networks within and outside of the IPA through the use of social media e.g. Facebook, WhatsApp, etc.
- Compile and submit reports to the IPA Executive Director and the Department of Global Communication (DGC) as required.
- Ability to articulate the vision and purpose of the IPA.
- Relevant Degree e.g. Human Rights, Political Science, etc. (and possesses relevant experience in that field).
- Experience in faith-based justice work.
- Ability to Identify and implement strategies for effective participation of the IPA in UN processes.
- Understand the UN's 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
- Strong administration and organisational skills with an ability to multi-task with collaborative projects experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite.
- Leadership and teamwork skills, with a proven track record in leading and working as part of a team.
This position is full-time, based in Manhattan, New York, USA. There will be some international travel to other UN Offices e.g. Bangkok, Geneva, etc. The IPA operates during normal business hours (9am-5pm Monday to Friday) with some exceptions.
Please submit your Resume (CV) and References together with Cover Letter, outlining why you are interested in applying; what qualities/skills that you feel you could bring and why you think that you are the ideal candidate for the position of IPA NGO Representative.
Please submit all documents via email to the IPA Executive Director in PDF Format.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org