Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is looking for an experienced export control professional with university research background to support export licensing activities in a fast-paced and exciting export/import environment. This role is based at Raytheon BBN Technologies in Cambridge, MA.
The Raytheon BBN site conducts scientific research as well as research subject to the ITAR and EAR. This role provides guidance to business personnel on export/import controls, will participate in proposal/contract reviews and will assist with determinations on fundamental research vs export controlled research to ensure compliance with U.S. and foreign regulations in international business activities. Contributes to development of business processes for submitting to and obtaining from the U.S. Government all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations. Develops licensing plans and provides guidance for licensing strategy and program planning. Prepares export license authorization requests for submittal to the U.S. Government.
Assures regulatory compliance through review and approval of foreign travel, foreign person visits and export and import transactions. Maintains applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements. Assists in learning and audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Obtain, maintain and monitor applicable licenses, agreements, permits, certifications, technology release authorizations, and commodity jurisdiction determinations in compliance with applicable US Government regulations and company policies to support Raytheon programs.
- Prepare export authorizations and miscellaneous correspondence for submittal to regulatory agencies.
- Approve export and import shipments. Coordinate imports of unclassified and classified hardware with foreign parties to ensure proper customs paperwork is included and shipment authorized under proper licenses, exemptions or exceptions.
- Review and approve presentations, briefings, documents and other information provided to foreign persons for compliance with licenses and regulations prior to release outside the company.
- Support jurisdiction and classification determination reviews.
- Maintain records of current and expired license files, and issues reports on pending and approved licenses/approvals.
- Review proposals, contracts, and/or purchase orders and participates in technical programmatic discussion/meetings.
- Provides guidance on proposal development and contract negotiations for programs subject to fundamental research exception.
- Assists the Raytheon Contracts and Subcontracts functions with pre-and post-contract award negotiation as it relates to export licensing matters.
- Participate in strategic business engagement at the program level to ensure business execution, growth and compliance. This position will also assist in the management of export controls on programs with University participation.
- Support development of export related training and communications requirements for program area
- Support implementation of company and BU policy, procedures, guidelines and instructions to support compliance with US Government export/import regulations and company policy.
- Assists Empowered Official on interpretation of regulatory requirements or company Global Trade policies, procedures, and processes to a science and technology environment.
- Participate in special projects, cross-functional business projects and corporate projects to support business objectives
- 4 years of related Export/Import experience and increasing responsibility (licenses, agreements, compliance, and transactional activities) or related experience.
- Experience researching, interpreting and applying government regulations such as the ITAR and EAR
- Flexible, cooperative and collaborative; demonstrated ability to adapt to changing US Government and customers conditions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to present recommendations to solve business challenges
- Problem solver, able to work under time sensitive circumstances, collaboratively or independently, and take initiative to address situations before issues arise
- Self-motivated and results oriented with ability to prioritize and make independent decision.
- Able to manage priorities of multiple tasks
- Attention to detail and follow through on assignments to achieve desired results
- Some travel may be required
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Clearance required within 1st year AND role requires access to US only data
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Strong working knowledge of fundamental research
- Understanding of FAR and DFAR regulations as these relate to export controls
- Working in a university environment and programs with fundamental research
- Experience with D-Trade, SNAP-R, OCR EASE IT systems
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Political Science, Business or Related Discipline
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org