Counterpart International is currently seeking three interns to assist the Africa Team with the administrative management of its programs. This is a part-time, paid internship position based in Arlington, VA. The initial period for the internship is three (3) months with the possibility to extend.
- Provide logistical and administrative support to headquarters and field office teams;
- Assist with drafting consulting agreements, processing invoices, grants administration, cash advance requests, and expense reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation tasks by reviewing documentation for quality and completeness against pre-defined parameters and providing feedback, as necessary;
- Assist in researching, writing, editing, proofreading and updating programmatic documentation for internal and/or external use (e.g., desk reviews, fact sheets, quarterly reports, annual work plans, trip reports, donor success and impact stories, and past performance reviews);
- Liaise with and develop effective collaborative relationships with Counterpart field staff and HQ staff in the development of communications products and programmatic documentation; and
- Other tasks as needed.
- Current graduate student having completed at least their first year, or a recently completed undergraduate degree in international affairs, international development, public policy or a related field;
- Prior work experience in/or study of international development; prior experience with USAID is a plus;
- Ability to work independently as well as proactively seek out information from diverse groups and collaborate as a strong team player to create new processes and resolve issues;
- Strong communication, time-management, and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure and an ability to focus on details;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft 365 Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Fluency in English with strong writing skills is required; A high level of proficiency, or fluency, in French is a plus;
- Experience and/or knowledge of Sub-Saharan Africa is preferred but not required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org