The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is seeking a detail-oriented professional for the position of Government Relations Assistant. The Government Relations Assistant will join a talented and high-performing team responsible for USGLC’s outreach to Capitol Hill on the importance of U.S. global leadership and a strong and effective International Affairs Budget. The position is based in Washington, DC.
- Advocacy and Engagement with Congress. Work with Government Relations teammates to expand and strengthen congressional support for the International Affairs Budget and relevant global development legislation. Activities include:
- Drafting, sending, and tracking invitations to Members of Congress for USGLC events;
- Monitoring congressional hearings and events, and capturing key quotes;
- Preparing written materials for both internal and external audiences;
- Tracking USGLC engagement strategies and interactions with Congress;
- Assisting with lobby days and events on Capitol Hill.
- Administrative Support. Perform certain support duties, including:
- Drafting weekly summaries of internal events and maintaining databases, spreadsheets, and calendars for Government Relations activities and events;
- Managing communications via Quorum, Knowlegis, and Salesforce;
- Updating USGLC’s website with budgetary and legislative activities.
- Research and Analysis. Track and analyze relevant budget, legislative, and policy initiatives. Activities include:
- Researching Members of Congress and writing succinct biographies of lawmakers for USGLC strategies, events, and activities;
- Performing research projects and drafting analyses on various international affairs topics as needed.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in public policy, government relations, foreign policy, international relations or a similar subject or commensurate experience. Background in government relations, including knowledge of Capitol Hill and congressional or campaign experience is a plus. Strong analytical, writing, and communication skills are required. Ideal candidates will have experience with Quorum, Leadership Connect, Knowlegis, Salesforce, WordPress, and Microsoft Office Suite products.
Please email cover letter and resume. Please reference “Government Relations Assistant” in the subject line. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No calls please.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org