Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the largest Cloud provider in the world and our security teams solve some of the most challenging and interesting problems to effectively mitigate large-scale threats. Paramount to our success is ensuring the security of our data centers around the world.
As we expand into more international locations and continuously innovate, AWS is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Security Intelligence Analyst (Intel Analyst) with strong analytical skills, proven record of creative approaches to achieving security across the organization in an efficient and effective manner. As a member of the AWS Security Emerging Region Assessments (ERA) Team, the successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to strengthen security as AWS expands globally.
The ideal candidate would have excellent communication skills, the ability to influence people from customers to managers by creating win-win solutions, and the desire to be an individual contributor in securing Amazon's next-generation cloud. We are looking for an individual that deeply understands the complexity of security issues around the world, can articulate those risks in terms of the impact to our business and is motivated to solving those risks. Candidate must have a deep knowledge of security concepts and solid grasp on resources used to derive geopolitical/risk information. The successful candidate will not only determine risks but also drive the mitigation with teams worldwide. The candidate must also have a strong understanding of risk-based decision-making as the candidate will be making critical judgment calls on a regular basis.
As part of AWS Security, the successful candidate will be expected to manage tasks across a diverse customer base. Intel Analysts on our team will handle multiple tasks at different stages of a projects life cycle or region build. The candidate will have the opportunity to build and iterate innovative approaches to identifying, assessing, and driving security. The successful candidate must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguously defined problems, identifying and facing big challenges and adjusting to sudden and frequent change. Building and maintaining relationships with various teams around Amazon and externally will be critical to ensure timely involvement in the region build process and effectiveness in addressing risks. Clear written communication skills is critical for this role as is the ability to use a multitude of analytical and collaboration tools.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Using various sources, perform risk intelligence assessments of specific countries and sites in support of AWS expansion;
· Analysis of the risk information to drive the impact to our business and effective mitigations to address the risk;
· Write documents and briefing stakeholders to clearly and effectively communicate the desired outcome;
· Manage the assessments and mitigations of multiple regions at various stages in their life cycle;
· Develop and maintain relationships within Amazon and externally to remain informed of our business and the dynamic environments in which we operate;
· Integrate assessment documentation in team dashboard and leverage the information from our team to innovate, iterate and continuously raise the security bar.
· Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Policy, International Affairs or related discipline, or 5+ years’ equivalent analytical experience
· Minimum of 5 years of industry experience with a proven track record of delivering documented intelligence analysis
· Minimum of 5 years of experience focused on assessing the threats of various international (non-North American) regions/ countries
· Minimum of 3 years of developing strategies and/or mitigations to address identified international threats
· Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
· Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving a multitude of teams across the company
· Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills
· Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
· Passion to make things better and resourceful, solutions based approach to achieve it
· Have experience driving change based on data, metrics or other objective information
· Have experience with the MS Office Suite (particularly Excel and Word) as well as a propensity to use enterprise tools to manage, track and communicate across teams
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org