Serve as a Senior Program Officer for policy and advocacy at the national and multi-state level. Specifically, maintain an existing portfolio of grants and/or contracts requiring high-level grant management skills, monitoring and evaluation on a range of education issues with an emphasis on data policy and advocacy. As a key advisor on strategy initiatives, contribute to the continued development of the team’s strategic vision, while partnering closely with team leadership on the USPAC team as well as the program teams, to set the overall strategy and goals for the work.
- Knowledge of education policy issues with a preference for familiarity with data policy including privacy and security issues, to allow for engagement on the development and implementation of policy and advocacy goals aligned to the foundation strategies.
- Directly or indirectly lead and implement the strategies in the portfolio with an emphasis on data policy and advocacy.
- Development and management of the portfolio of grants and/or contracts.
- Monitor the performance of partners and grantees.
- As needed, take the lead on an issue to oversee related policy and advocacy activities.
Leadership and Culture
We believe that energized people, working well together, fueled by great leadership in an inclusive environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal things.
Core Knowledge and Skills
- Broad and deep knowledge of issue advocacy and policy.
- Strong understanding of policy at the federal and state level.
- Deep understanding of how education (in particular data) policies at the federal, as well as state level are formulated, enacted and implemented.
- Familiarity with data privacy and security issues in education and other sectors.
- Ability to leverage and build advocacy partners to meet policy goals.
- Ability to work across teams in a highly matrixed environment.
- Shown ability to lead and influence others in a constructive manner and to build and sustain collaborative relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to effectively synthesize information to reach diverse audiences and build consensus.
- Strong quantitative analytic skills.
Reports to: Deputy Director, US Program Advocacy and Communications.
Education and Experience
- Advanced degree in education, public policy or related field required.
- 7+ years of relevant experience to include experience US education national and/or state policy and advocacy with a preference for data policy and advocacy experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org