As a key member of the health policy team, the trainee will provide support to the team depending on the business needs as well as the candidate’s academic background, professional experience and soft skills. The intern will be fully involved in the work being conducted by the team and will work on several client accounts and different types of projects, which could range from advocacy activities to awareness-raising initiatives. As the team is part of the wider Public Affairs team, the intern may also be asked to work on other policy areas as needed.
Responsibilities and tasks
- To monitor relevant European health policy issues in key media outlets;
- To monitor policy developments of the EU Institutions and International Organisations as well as policy initiatives being conducted by third parties such as patient groups, industry stakeholders and other relevant NGOs;
- To draft briefing notes on EU policy developments;
- To assist with specific ad hoc client requests that involve research and reporting;
- To support in the organisation of events concerning logistics;
- To support the team in the preparation of outreach contact programs;
- To attend key policy events and report on relevant developments to the team;
- To ensure maintenance of internal materials such as the events database, MEPs list, contacts lists, etc.;
- To draft different types of resources/assets, ranging from briefing documents to client memos and meeting notes.
The trainee should ideally have/be:
- A university degree, preferably in an area such as law, political science, European affairs, communications or healthcare;
- Working experience (traineeship) in one of the EU institutions (preferred);
- Native English speaker (preferred) or fluent in English and French;
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- Collaborative approach and team work, good sense of humour;
- Flexible and positive approach to tasks, always willing to learn;
- Accuracy and attention to detail; interest and diligence in research work;
- Good understanding of EU procedures and some knowledge of health-related policies at EU level;
- Enthusiastic about public affairs and communications work.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org