Equality Now is looking for someone to take the next step in their career. This role is perfect for someone graduating from an entry level position, excited to help shape and deliver first class supporter care in an innovative organization that is growing/transforming its support base. Reporting to the Events & Individual Giving Officer and working closely with the Development and Communications teams, the Donor Relations & Data Associate plays a key role in managing information across the Development and Communications teams and providing support on key revenue-driving activities. A full-time position based in New York City, the Associate is an integral member of the Development and Communications teams, working with Equality Now staff across our global offices. This is an excellent opportunity to work collaboratively while gaining experience in a range of critical non-profit functions.
Founded in 1992, Equality Now is an international human rights organization dedicated to ensuring that women and girls around the world can live their lives free from violence and discrimination. Combining grassroots activism with international, regional and national legal advocacy, we envision a world in which women and men have equal rights under the law and full enjoyment of those rights. Our issue areas encompass Legal Equality, Justice for Girls, and End Harmful Practices, End Sex Trafficking and End Sexual Violence.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Associate will provide support to the Development and Communications teams as follows:
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters in a timely, accurate and professional manner, flagging key individuals for additional follow-up;
- Play a key role in overseeing Raiser’s Edge, accurately entering and managing essential donor data, including contact information, gifts, and pledge records (or support other Development team members in doing so);
- Produce weekly fundraising reports from Raiser’s Edge for the Director of Development and Equality Now’s senior management team and creating additional custom reports as needed;
- Support the creation and implementation of solicitation mailings (including mid-year and end-of-year individual fundraising campaigns);
- Assist event team in the planning and execution of special fundraising events, ranging from Equality Now’s Make Equality Reality Gala and smaller donor cultivation events to participation in the Women’s March and panel discussions;
- Manage general inquiries to Equality Now via email and phone; and
- Provide additional support to the Development Team as may be needed and reasonable within other job responsibilities.
- Own the relationship with NationBuilder and Omatic to ensure the safe and secure housing and management of our supporter data;
- Manage the input and output of supporter data in line with defined segments;
- Work with the Advocacy Campaign Team and Supporter Acquisition team to create data sets for the purposes of communicating to supporters to inspire them to take actions or donate;
- Track behaviours and responses to email blasts and mailings and reflect changes of support in data;
- Report on key performance indicators relating to supporter growth and first time income; and
- Ensure Equality Now adheres to General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and other compliance and regulatory practices.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail;
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience with databases/CRM and data management;
- Excellent customer service orientation, ability to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, email management and internet research, experience with Google Suite a plus;
- Excellent proofreading, writing and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize;
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team to contribute to shared goals;
- Ability to be resourceful and solve problems; and
- Flexible schedule required as event, campaign and proposal deadlines sometimes require work outside normal business hours.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, NationBuilder and/or Omatic a plus;
- Cross-cultural/international experience; and
- Interest in the human rights sector.
Send resume and cover letter with the “Donor Relations & Data Associate” in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No calls please.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org