The Senior Procurement Specialist will be responsible for conducting procurement activities in accordance with the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank's (AIIB) corporate procurement policy and procedures to ensure that AIIB’s corporate procurement activities are handled in accordance with the procurement principles of economy, efficiency, fairness and transparency to support the bank’s operations.
- Effectively manage and implement AIIB’s corporate procurement policy and procedures to provide procurement services to all requesting departments on procurement of goods and services including consulting services.
- Participate in amendment and updating of the corporate procurement policy framework as necessary.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the e-procurement system and oversee execution of e-procurement system process flow and daily operations to ensure overall process efficiency, governance and compliance.
- Identify sourcing opportunities and strategy and coordinate with requesting departments for market study and category management.
- Oversea supplier life cycle management process, including supplier performance review and complaints from suppliers arising from the procurement process.
- Provide business opportunity outreach on AIIB-funded opportunities for suppliers and consultants to both the international and local business communities.
- Provide procurement advice and training to AIIB staff and suppliers.
- Report to the head of Corporate Procurement and assist in annual corporate procurement report preparation and spending analysis.
- Minimum 8-10 years relevant experience of procurement in large international public organizations or private enterprises.
- Strong hands-on experiences in e-procurement system processing and management.
- Sound knowledge and significant experience in sourcing and category management for procurement of goods and services including consulting services.
- Strong understanding of both public and/or private procurement principles and leading industry practices, including contract management and governance.
- Strong communication, analytical and contract management-related problem-solving skills.
- Strong track record of integrity and exposure to best-in-class processes of managing integrity issues with vendors.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese.
- Team leader or supervisory experiences.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in public procurement, business administration or related fields from a reputable university; professional Procurement Certification (e.g., CPSM, CIPS) preferred.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the employee level at which a successful applicant will enter AIIB.