The policy lead’s main task is to ensure delivery of influencing/advocacy work in relation to development aid in the Netherlands. The policy lead analyses Dutch ODA policy and budget and works to improve the policy. The policy lead develops research and policy positions on quantity and quality of aid and related thematic priorities within Oxfam Novib. The policy lead works closely with the campaigner in the project team who is responsible to develop and deliver (digital) campaign strategies. The policy lead reports to the Program Lead of the civil society space team and the lead corporate lobbyist.
- Influence Dutch government policy with regard to development aid, with the aim to swiftly return to the international norm of 0.7% for development aid and to improve quality of aid.
- Influencing the position of the Dutch government in relation to international fora such as OECD DAC, the UN and the EU.
- Overall coordination and lead & fundraising of an institutionally funded grant with the external donor.
- The further development of and fundraising for projects and campaigns related to development aid in the Netherlands and in other relevant countries.
- Lead Oxfam Novibs advocacy in the field of development aid, working closely with the Oxfam Novib lead lobbyist and the executive director.
- Coordinate with Partos members and other relevant NGOs & stakeholders in this regard.
- Policy development & analysis.
- Project coordination, campaigning, monitoring, donor liaison, fundraising.
- Have a masters or bachelors degree in a relevant field.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in the NGO sector, ideally in relation to policy development.
- Experience in influencing and campaigning work, in the Netherlands and ideally in relation to development aid.
- Know how to make a power/stakeholder analysis and are politically sensitive for the Dutch political context.
- Are an excellent networker & proactive innovator
- Are resistant to stress.
- Have excellent written & spoken Dutch and English skills and overall good communication skills and an inclusive approach.
- Are able and willing to travel as needed.
- Have skills and mind set to be able to work on different projects if needed.
Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors. The salary range for this position is set in scale 10 with a salary range between € 3.101,- and € 4.772,- based on 36 hours a week.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org